Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlando
I will be in Orlando Weds, Thurs and Fri (leaving Saturday). Staying at one of the Disney hotels in Down Town Disney (on business believe it or not).

I'll be alone for most of the day on Thursday and Friday. Any ideas on what to do?
Hi -

New member here.

FWIW, I was down in the Orlando area on "business" a few months ago and made it a point to take a cab over to Corona Cigar late one afternoon; great place. Good libations, very decent Cuban Sandwiches and a fabulous selection of sticks.

Needless to say it's VERY cigar friendly and the people that work there seem very accomodating. A great place to try some of the harder to find AVO's if you're so inclined as he purportedly lives in the area and keeps them well stocked.
I haven't been to Disney World in a long time.  They still have the Hall of Strippers in Business Man's Lunch-land?  Or did Walt close that thing down?
this one?

http://www.coronacigar.com/

That's the one.

Enjoy...
I was going to say head over to Corona Skip.  I'll be down there myself the 30th-5th.  Too bad our schedules aren't more in sync.  Not only does Corona have a great selection, nice bar, good staff.  Avo actually hangs out in there a fair bit so don't be surprised if you see him and hear him tap the keys.Wink  Also, if you're staying out at Disney head over to Sosa cigars.  It's at what used to be called pleasure island.  There's an Irish pub called the Raglan Rose that is so damned fun to drink in!  They have traditional pints, bands, and dancing.  If you stop by, see if Shannon's dancing.Big Grin  Lastly, there's Cigarz at City Walk.  That's at Universal Studios.  They have a good selection at touristy prices but you're used to NY so you'll be fine!Tongue

Funny story about Corona, a buddy of mine was up there asking about Series V's when this guy comes up to him and asks what type of cigar he really likes and all the usual questions.  He then proceeds to take the stuff my buddy had in his hand and gives him some RP Olde World's from out of his pocket.  My buddy asks what he owes and the guy says nothing to which my buddy refuses to accept and starts arguing.  At this point the guy turns to the poster advertising the Patel event with Rocky and says, "seriously, I'm just doing my Job here!  Name's Rocky.  Now enjoy my smokes!"  I don't think my buddy's ever been that embarrassed before or after!
macallan2 Wrote:  Funny story about Corona, a buddy of mine was up there asking about Series V's when this guy comes up to him and asks what type of cigar he really likes and all the usual questions.  He then proceeds to take the stuff my buddy had in his hand and gives him some RP Olde World's from out of his pocket.  My buddy asks what he owes and the guy says nothing to which my buddy refuses to accept and starts arguing.  At this point the guy turns to the poster advertising the Patel event with Rocky and says, "seriously, I'm just doing my Job here!  Name's Rocky.  Now enjoy my smokes!"  I don't think my buddy's ever been that embarrassed before or after!
Great story.  I have only been to Orlando once.  Stayed at the Gaylord Palms.  DId the touristy thing, ate at Emerils, but didint't hit any outstanding cigar places.  There was a small shop near Universal, but I don't remember the name of it. 
I've been to Cigarz a number of times and have what seems to be a wardrobe of their clothing! (ok, 2 shirts, I tend to exaggerate a bit sometimes). I never got around to the one downtown disney and will be sure to get there. I will do my best to get to carona, but I have no car... We'll see.

Thanks guys.
Try to get a date with Minnie Mouse.

[Image: 660~Minnie-Mouse-Posters.jpg]
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Cruising down I-Drive can be interesting on a Friday or Saturday night.

Used to have a season pass for many years at the Wet n' Wild on I-Drive, so I used to go down there a lot on the weekends growing up. Either with the girlfriend or with the crew. There's a lot of touristy stuff down there.

If you had some daytime free, and if it were warmer, I'd suggest visiting Wekiva Springs for a nice canoe ride (with a chest of beer and some nice cigars, and any girls you can talk into the boat... oh wait, damn, yeah that was high school).

Hell, I dunno. Stay in the hotel room and watch TV??? I'll keep thinkin'.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!