Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opus boxes and others for sale
[user=64]
Quote:[b][/user][user=64]Tonto The Long Island Sidekick[/user][user=64] wrote:

Forgive me if I missed it BBJay....but where does it say that you bought from them?

I can call Ford and get a price for a car. I could give you the same salesman's phone number for you to call and ask what the price is. Thing is, I never bought the car from him.
[/user][/b]

it's in the original post.  i refer to tabboo cigars as the vendor where i purchased them from.  above i even posted who to speak with in regards as to what i paid.  i'm sure israel  (at uptown cigars who posts on numerous forums) will tell you yes i bought double robusto's at 14.50 each and yes a guy named Jeremy did buy from him.  i've been nothing but up front about the pricing i paid nor have i tried to hide it.  all i'm saying is make up your own minds from an educated stand point.  making accusations and assumptions without evidence is pretty blind.  it's the same as looking at a blue sky and swearing it's purple and even when everyone else around you says it's blue you still refuse to believe it. 

i do post here, i also post at another forum that i was a member of actively first.  i'm not just exclusive to just one forum. 
and for those of you dual registered here at clubstogie here's the thread where i got them from with the post by tabboo to back up my pricing. 

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1334509&postcount=14

now am i a profiteer?

11.99X 42=503.98 plus 10 to ship. 

hmm.........this will be my last post in this thread.  it apparantly is pointless, no matter how much i try to prove it otherwise,  no matter how much evidence i post to the contrary. 
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
barbourjay Wrote:
jeht2000 Wrote:Personally, I don't care for you because you are dishonest.

yet i've been nothing but honest and up front about what i paid for the items that i'm selling.  yet you continue to call me a liar to my face even when i've sited the sources again and again.  you continue to ignore that fact and make a blind judgement agaisn't me an expect me not to say something.  i didn't buy these paticular boxes just to flip them, i bought them to give others who can't get them a chance to get them on the communities i posted in (the motivation is no different than what other members have done here).  instead of taking the two minutes to call the vendors i sited you instead choose to run your mouth.  that is total ignorance on your part.  if you are really concerned with labeling me as a profiteer/liar and want to warn people then why don't you take a minute to call up the sources i posted and ask them what they charge for their product which i bought.  you won't though, because you'd rather stand your ground because you are so egotistic and don't want to admit that maybe you are wrong. 

call and ask tabbocigars what they charged for their opus #4's and their other sizes.  also call and ask uptown cigars and ask them (specifically Israel) what he charged for his double robustos.  you might think otherwise about me if you did some research.  i expect it to raise eyebrows when HTF go for sale, they always do, but i also didn't think anyone would be that judgemental without actually researching what was paid.  

Forgive me if I missed it BBJay....but where does it say that you bought from them?

I can call Ford and get a price for a car. I could give you the same salesman's phone number for you to call and ask what the price is. Thing is, I never bought the car from him.

great point tonto! i can give you the name and number of the 2 shops i deal with the most, and you're more than welcome to call them and ask their prices, ESPECIALLY when you ask for the rare stuff. they'll give you the prices. but it's not going to be anwhere near what i end up paying for them, and i expect that to be the case with any buyer/seller who have a good relationship.
[user=928]barbourjay[/user] wrote:
Quote:  it apparantly is pointless, no matter how much i try to prove it otherwise,  no matter how much evidence i post to the contrary. 

Well, frankly, it's probably because you tend to come as a bit of an

[Image: asshat.jpg]

When you first got here, all you did was post pic after pic of stacks of HTF Fuentes like some

[Image: attention_whore.jpg]

And lately all you've been doing is buying and selling. Mostly selling. And we don't KNOW you. You're just some . . .

[Image: animateddoghumping.gif]

. . . for all we know. Of course it's going to get questioned; this is a tightknit community---something you'd have already noticed if you'd bothered to participate in it. But when it DOES get questioned . . .

[Image: ohdramaimage.jpg]

Doooooood . . .

[Image: little_bit_gay.jpg]

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
I think I just pissed in my pants from laughing so much.

I guess I should thank Barbourjay as I just picked up some additional Opus  Xs from Tank. 
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
[lol]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
NANP, you out did yourself that shit was funny as hell!! And true!

Ok, I thinks its pretty clear that barbourjay is doing more than just tossing a few cigars around for sale to a member here and there, its more like retail offers.   I kindly request that you post your specials there from now on to avoid any confusion.

I don't know where you get your cigars from, nor really care, as thats your business.   I do care when one of our members makes an offer to provide some hard to get cigars to other members, including you in the deal, and then you get upset about not getting as many as you hoped to get.   Maybe I'm not understanding the whole situation, but thats what I've gathered so far about a recent interaction you had with a member here.   I think our family here is going to get first dibs on just about anything in a personal deal before sending hard to find cigars to someone who is only going to flip them for cash.   

Anyone who has access to some Opus X can do that, but we choose not to take advantage of each other because we are a family here.  

Being that you are gathering up cigars from various sources to make up boxes, I would be concerned as a buyer as to the overall quality and safety issues.   Most people are trustworthy, some are not.   It would be pretty shitty to find out that someone rebanded some Thompsons with Opux X labels and sent them your way for resell.   (for instance that is)     

I know several have bought from you with no problems and thats great.   But again, move your offers to the retailer section to avoid such conflict in the future.   If someone wants Opus or some other hard to get cigars at those prices, thats their business and the right place for it.  Cool
LOL @ NANP Big Grin
Thanks Eric, well said.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore