Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opus X "A"
decided to finally take the plunge on my one "A" in stock. beautiful varnished coffin, for starters. lovely cigar construction, opus rosado wrapper smelling like nutmeg and cinnamon spice sprinkled on virgin thighs. smoked very nicely... the best draw i've had on a stick this long, just a touch of resistance, easy pull, and most importantly, never a hint of pluggage. started out very mellow, and began to wake up after about a half inch of burn. i'd put it in the same profile ballpark as the double corona. medium bodied at it's stongest, as opposed to the perfeccion X, for example, which blows the doors off your taste buds and nicotine tolerance. this is probably good, since the "A" took me a good 2:45, and that wasn't even nubbing it (granted, i'm a slow smoker). sublime flavors and spice, though next to the d.c., which gives really precise flavors with noticable peaks and valleys, the "A" is more consistent and blended. so while not as spectacular and striking as the d.c., this size is lovely in its own right, and won't kack you in proverbial nuts like some of the smaller opus ordinance. intesified in the last third, with the light spice flavors bolding up, and a bit of earthy raisin kicking in. all in all, a fantastic special occasion stick. in my case, the sun was out and my dog was happy... special enough for me.
Nice review Bill... I have not bought one of these bad boys just because I probably don't have the patience to sit through a 2hr+ cigar :?
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Nice review!!! I would like to pick one of these up myself.
They are probably the mildest of the Opus X line.  I must smoke faster than you because it takes me about an hour and fifteen to smoke one of these.
SteveO Wrote:They are probably the mildest of the Opus X line.  I must smoke faster than you because it takes me about an hour and fifteen to smoke one of these.
An hr and 15 mins!!!!  DAMN bro, it usually takes me that long just to smoke a Perfecxion X.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
2 hours, I can usually smoke a AF Canones in under a hour.  I'm a fast smoker too. 

Opus X "A" is next on my hit list of Fuente's to buy and smoke.

Thanks for the review.

This is one of my top 10 favorite smokes. It is so dynamic. Changes so many times throughout the smoke, yet it never tastes bad. Burns perfectly and is quite simply a true treasure. I owned 10 at one point. I gave away 4, smoked 2 and have 4 left.

It lasts me around 3 hours if I remember correctly. man, I wish I was smoking one now...
Mmmmmm... sounds great.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
On my last Opus order I almost purchased one of these.  Kinda of sorry I didn't.

Peter
MikeD Wrote:Nice review Bill... I have not bought one of these bad boys just because I probably don't have the patience to sit through a 2hr+ cigar :?
Mike, buy one and send it to me and I will suffer through the 2+ hours for youBig Grin