Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optics.
Anyone into Optics?

The wife and kids bought me a nice pair of Leupold Mojave 10x42 binoculars for fathers day.

Not my pics, from a site but these are them
[Image: DSC_0207.JPG]
[Image: 100_4024.JPG]

I was never into binoculars but after seeing the chicks at the pool, beach and stuff I'm hooked lol JUST KIDDING...Big Grin

Actually its pretty cool just relaxing and checking out wildlife or whats on the other side of the lake, etc. Cool stuff. Anyone else into optics?
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
(07-02-2012, 12:49 PM)CigarJohn Wrote: Anyone into Optics?

I was never into binoculars but after seeing the chicks at the pool, beach and stuff I'm hooked lol JUST KIDDING...Big Grin

No you're not.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Nice binocs, you can never go wrong with Leopold. All of there stuff is top notch.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
(07-02-2012, 12:54 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
(07-02-2012, 12:49 PM)CigarJohn Wrote: Anyone into Optics?

No you're not.

Why lie,Big Grin: that's the only reason to own a pair......unless you like looking at birds?Devilish
Gangsta
Leupold makes a solid optic! Have fun with those.
I have some 1995 Swarovski optics that cost me $700 that needed to be upgraded due to tech advanced in optics coatings. The new Swaro's were $2,400 and to me that is a hefty price to pay. Thus I got these Cabelas brand for $900. They are made by Meopta (Czech Company and glass) who is a very reputable company who make some of the best optics in the world. In fact this particular optic outscored the new Swaro optic for light index. These are simply amazing! They are also fixed 8 power!

[Image: 3fa2ee66.jpg]
Here is my 10x20 power Leupold spotting scope. This scope is small and lighweight, perfect for hunting!

[Image: 9792aff2.jpg]

To scale!

[Image: c9f79662.jpg]
20x60 power HD Leopold for long range viewing. I also have a camera adapter. Some of the best out there for the money. The Swarovski is a half step above for an extra $1,500. Not a good value that way. Zeiss and Leica are also higher end at a full step above for a $2k premium over the cost of these! The premium is simply for the best glass in the world.

[Image: 1fdb96e9.jpg]

My burner to scale!

[Image: c39a470a.jpg]

This Leupold replaced my old Nikon that my kids now use! The Nikon was $500 back in 1990 and the Leupold is like comparing a Ferrari to a Yugo.

[Image: d50ac7a5.jpg]
I did go look through the Swarovski optics and they were pretty amazing, but some coin for sure(I rather put that money towards a firearm).

I like that little spotting scope you have.

What do you have for a range finder? I figure it would come in hand for hunting, golfing, or sending off SC bombs Smile
"20x60 power HD Leopold for long range viewing".

Does this much power have alot of shake when looking through it?