Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oliva V maduro
Appearance:A dark toothy wrapper with a few veins and slight oils.Smells like the farm.Looks like the wrapper on the Pepin JJ maduro.

Construction: Very firm roll on this torp. with no soft spots.

Draw and Burn: Draw is perfect with just enough resistance.Huge clouds of smoke and a razor burn.

Taste: Starts out with powerful black pepper and spice notes.After the first inch it settles somewhat and notes cocoa and ceder come through the underlying earthiness.Half way in,an awesome cigar with a full body.Better than El Cobre IMO.

Conclusion: For cigar lovers of full body smokes this one will not disappoint.I give it a 92 on the C/A scale.

[Image: OlivaVmadurofirebirdlighter001.jpg]

[Image: OlivaVmadurofirebirdlighter002.jpg]

[Image: OlivaVmadurofirebirdlighter006.jpg]

And my new $7 lighter.[smokin4]

[Image: OlivaVmadurofirebirdlighter004.jpg]

[Image: OlivaVmadurofirebirdlighter005.jpg]

After telling my man at the rez. about these,he ended up with 8 boxes and I forgot to tell him to hold one for me.I got the last five.[thumbsup]

[Image: rezshopping002.jpg]
Thanks for the great review!!!

I love this cigar!  Thanks for the review Don.
US_Tank Wrote:I love this cigar!  Thanks for the review Don.
i agree great cigar
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
Awesome Cigar
Sounds sooooooooooooooo good, DAMNIT!!
I still can't believe you got them for 54.99 [wow] that's awesome.  Did you experience a bit of a draw blockage about halfway through ?  Aracos and I smoked one each last weekend and both of us had a slight buildup of either sap or tar at the head, making for a tight draw, Lonnie rolled his, softening the blockage, I recut just a fraction, both ways seem to fix the draw issue.  And I agree, one of my favorites, and I gotta thank Jimmie for getting the word out on these, till I read his post on them, I dind't even know they were coming out. 

P.S.  If you get sick of them, I'd be happy to dispose of a box or two for ya, free of charge.  [cigar]
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Great review Don, thanks for sharing.