Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oliva Cain Review
Alright, here are my thoughts on the Cain Habano.. Actually this is more or less straight from my cigar log...

Initial:
The wrapper is fairly smooth & very oily compared to other cigars I've had in the past. The initial smell (prelight) is nice and had a strong tobacco smell.

1st 1/3: Right away I am getting slammed with a pepper taste with just a slight woody taste somewhere in there. I also want to say I'm picking up something thats almost sweet, like of like a cuban style espresso sweet, but its so faint It makes me think im imagining it. The entire cigar is super smooth even though the pepper taste is hitting me harder than Floyd Mayweather beating on Ricky Hatton. The ash is very tight and holding together all the way through the 1st 1/3. Burn & draw both great.

2nd 1/3: The spice is starting to mellow out while the wood and sweet taste are coming to the forefront. The sweet taste is clearly identifiable as a mocha variant. Also during the 2nd 1/3 an earthy flavor is starting to show up. Nothing new going on with the burn or draw.

Final 1/3: I'm starting to feel like what I can only describe as a nicotine buzz. I'm not feeling sick or anything like that, but still... I've never had this kind of feeling with any cigar before so this is completely foreign to me. The flavors, burn, and draw are all the same as the 2nd 1/3.

Conclusion:
Good flavors, nothing that i felt was super complex but the flavors were good. This is easily the strongest cigar I've ever had but at the same time it was so smooth. Everything from the flavors to strength blended really well together. The cigar went very well with my Arrogant Bastard Ale from the Stone Brewing company.

This is seriously one cigar that its a must to smoke on a full stomach. I honestly almost disregarded everyone's suggestions to eat before smoking this cigar just because I was so eager to light it up... I am very happy that I had a nice dinner before smoking this.

As far as the after taste (which is very important to me because I like to be able to enjoy it later) it is pleasant and reminiscent of the final 1/3 of the cigar.

I'm very happy with this cigar and its easily one of the top 10 cigar's I've ever smoked... Without question. My only suggestion, which is the same as everyone else's... Eat before torching one of these Cain's. [smokin]

Sorry, I forgot to take pictures... lol I had my camera right there but I got into this smoke so hardcore I just forgot.. Smile

Very good Teck!  I would comment more but I am drunk on a sunday night.
US_Tank Wrote:Very good Teck!  I would comment more but I am drunk on a sunday night.

LOL,Tank is at a loss for words. [rob]
Bluesman455 Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:Very good Teck!  I would comment more but I am drunk on a sunday night.

LOL,Tank is at a loss for words. [rob]
And Pics..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Great review Teck. [thumbsup]