Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old humidor? Is this worth anything? Worth picking up?
That old humidor is really neat. I'd grab that in a hot NY second. A place to store boxes in my living room.

I dont like the fact that the inside seems to be painted, so a little work will be needed, but man...

And as far as your coke project... I am very very impressed (& I dont impress easily!)

You're going to need a bunch of shelves for singles.

Another thought on the inner metal, a lot of that older stuff had lead in it so be careful whatever you choose to do with it...

Nice pickup!Big Grin
Well, I went and grabbed it. Its home and is very cool, despite me not liking wood pieces that much. I need to get a few things done on this metal coca cola machine before it gets later, then I will post a few more pics of the humidor.

I cant believe I found yet another thing to start collecting- At least humidors dont take up as much space as old maoprs.[cigar]

RUMBLON.
its a pretty sweet piece...and the coke cooler is outstanding!! good work man!
Many moons ago tobacco humidors were lined with metal and people used a cut apple as the humidifier.  My grandfather had a liquor cabinet/humidor combo that he used in that fashion.  while nowadays we know this method isn't that good at all, they do make great furnitue pieces

Very nice pick up. [thumbsup]
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:Many moons ago tobacco humidors were lined with metal and people used a cut apple as the humidifier.  My grandfather had a liquor cabinet/humidor combo that he used in that fashion.  while nowadays we know this method isn't that good at all, they do make great furnitue pieces

Very nice pick up. [thumbsup]

you just have to keep throwing the digs my way don't you.

I used cut apple in my pipe tobacco when I smpked a pipe. The apple added a plesant taset along with the humidification and it had natural anti-fungal properties. Pipe tobacco is kept much wetter than cigars.
Very cool pick up on the old humi and I have been following your work on the Coke cooler humi, very cool and congrats on both [thumbsup]. 

That was a neat fact about the cut apple for humidification Mike!
Awesome find man!

And great looking project.

Very cool find and nice job on the Coke machine, I've been checking the photos.

JoeBob had found a very cool looking antique desktop humidor. What ever became of that?
Riofan Wrote:Very cool find and nice job on the Coke machine, I've been checking the photos.

JoeBob had found a very cool looking antique desktop humidor. What ever became of that?
It's chilling on my shelf next to my framed cigar bands.
I decided not to try to restore it...I like the old look.