Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off to Reno!
So I will be off to Reno Friday-Sunday... a nice way to start the summer!

I will be at The Sands - should be a lot of fun...

The main reason I am going is that there is a Shriner Ceremonial event there in Reno (where we make new Shriners), and there will be over 200 Shriners in attendance - talk about raising some hell! Big Grin This is the same weekend as Eurofest, which is held at The Sands that same weekend -- beer and food from around the world... mmmmmm....

We are connected with the Eurofest event because all of the proceeds are going to the Shriners Hospitals.

One of the things I wanted to do was to get the cigar smokers together, and create some new ones as well... I figured I would pack a gripload of cigars, and pass them around, etc... I also talked to Robbie about maybe some business cards of his and some CRA info to pass out as well. Of course Robbie would have none of that... he talked to his people, and let's just say that there is an enormous box arriving at my house tomorrow before I leave... enormous enough that I can make every Shriner there a cigar smoker!!!

So I will be passing out bags of cigars with a CRA brochure, a Cordova business card, and accessories as well... I know we all are aware of this already, but I have to say again that ROBBIE ROCKS!!! Thanks so much for all you have done for us, Brother!

This is going to work out so that I will be able to collect donations and do a raffle or two, and donate all of these proceeds to the Hospitals as well!

A great cause for sure! (For those that don't know, the Shriners Hospitals provide care for children with burns and spinal injuries at absolutely no cost at all - not one penny. We always like to say that the only cash registers in the hospitals are in the cafeterias.)

In addition to being a smoking and drinking fool, I also plan to spend some quality time at the 3 Card Poker table... wish me luck as I usually need it... Big Grin

I'll try to catch a few pics while I'm at it...

See you guys in a couple of days - hold down the fort for me while I'm gone! Smile
sounds great..good for you! Have fun, be safe.
Cigar Art here - http://www.cigartist.com
This sounds like fun Bill and thanks to Robbie iot will really be interesting.

Try to keep us posted....
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Have a great time, and a safe trip!!!!!!
This is my boomstick!
Have a great time and be safe. No Smoking in Bed!!!
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
(06-04-2010, 03:54 AM)MaytagMan Wrote: So I will be off to Reno Friday-Sunday... a nice way to start the summer!

I will be at The Sands - should be a lot of fun...

The main reason I am going is that there is a Shriner Ceremonial event there in Reno (where we make new Shriners), and there will be over 200 Shriners in attendance - talk about raising some hell! Big Grin This is the same weekend as Eurofest, which is held at The Sands that same weekend -- beer and food from around the world... mmmmmm....

We are connected with the Eurofest event because all of the proceeds are going to the Shriners Hospitals.

One of the things I wanted to do was to get the cigar smokers together, and create some new ones as well... I figured I would pack a gripload of cigars, and pass them around, etc... I also talked to Robbie about maybe some business cards of his and some CRA info to pass out as well. Of course Robbie would have none of that... he talked to his people, and let's just say that there is an enormous box arriving at my house tomorrow before I leave... enormous enough that I can make every Shriner there a cigar smoker!!!

So I will be passing out bags of cigars with a CRA brochure, a Cordova business card, and accessories as well... I know we all are aware of this already, but I have to say again that ROBBIE ROCKS!!! Thanks so much for all you have done for us, Brother!

This is going to work out so that I will be able to collect donations and do a raffle or two, and donate all of these proceeds to the Hospitals as well!

A great cause for sure! (For those that don't know, the Shriners Hospitals provide care for children with burns and spinal injuries at absolutely no cost at all - not one penny. We always like to say that the only cash registers in the hospitals are in the cafeterias.)

In addition to being a smoking and drinking fool, I also plan to spend some quality time at the 3 Card Poker table... wish me luck as I usually need it... Big Grin

I'll try to catch a few pics while I'm at it...

See you guys in a couple of days - hold down the fort for me while I'm gone! Smile

Ok sir this strikes a close chord to my family.
My wifes first nursing job was at the Shriners Hospital for Children here in St. Louis. It is so important what you all do to raise money for them kids I could never say it enough times that its a miricale what they are able to do. She is no longer there full time but still works there prn. I hope you have a great time and live it up a little for us!
Tony
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
Be safe buddy and enjoy your time out in Reno.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
Bill, have a great time bro!

Safe travels....
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.