Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPUS X
***Keep in mind I'm still new to the fine sticks that are out there!***

Today i received a call from my local tobacconist and she told me that they had just got a shipment in on the Opus X cigars from Funente and told me to get my a** down they before they were gone. I had to work, but my job took me right to Statesville to JR's cigars (the only local tobacconist around that don't charge an arm and a leg). i walked in and she had saved me two Opus X Perfection X sticks. i told her that she shouldn't have and she just about came across the counter to slap me. I asked her what the hey and she replied to me that i was not going to get a better deal than they had and that these things are a hard find.

I walked out of there with two of the Opus X Perfection X cigars (two was the cutomer limit) at $24.00+tax. I dont know, but I've checked out the web and i could not find this smoke for less that $24 a piece.

Did I get ROBBED or was this a good Find? Either way i'll be putting these up for a very Special occasion. By the way, Has anyone ever tried the Opus X?

Thanks Guys for all of your help since I've been here on Stogie Chat!!!

AC[cigar]
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

Was that $24 ea or for the both of them?
http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=112&forum_id=2

Here is the link for the Opus msrp's although I dont know whether it's been updated lately.  Either way I think that you'll really enjoy these.
stogiedad.1 Wrote:***Keep in mind I'm still new to the fine sticks that are out there!***

Today i received a call from my local tobacconist and she told me that they had just got a shipment in on the Opus X cigars from Funente and told me to get my a** down they before they were gone. I had to work, but my job took me right to Statesville to JR's cigars (the only local tobacconist around that don't charge an arm and a leg). i walked in and she had saved me two Opus X Perfection X sticks. i told her that she shouldn't have and she just about came across the counter to slap me. I asked her what the hey and she replied to me that i was not going to get a better deal than they had and that these things are a hard find.

I walked out of there with two of the Opus X Perfection X cigars (two was the cutomer limit) at $24.00+tax. I dont know, but I've checked out the web and i could not find this smoke for less that $24 a piece.

Did I get ROBBED or was this a good Find? Either way i'll be putting these up for a very Special occasion. By the way, Has anyone ever tried the Opus X?

AC[cigar]
that is msrp, or close anyway.  congrats!
burn-slow,  First let me thank you for your service on our countries Navy and the protection of freedom! Secondly, you had asked me if the price was $24 for both or one. The price was $12 apiece and i had gotten two @$24+tax.

Thnaks once again

AC[cigar] 
Theodore Roosevelt

burn-slow Wrote:http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=112&forum_id=2

Here is the link for the Opus msrp's although I dont know whether it's been updated lately.  Either way I think that you'll really enjoy these.

Thanks for the heads up. I was not sure about the prices pf these sticks nor was i aware of the rarity of them. i hope that i could get my hands on a few more so that i would not have to wait to enjoy them. i going to save these two umtil i get s few more.

thanks,

AC[cigar]
Theodore Roosevelt

AC, smoke one and see if you like them.  If you do, there are alot of us here that can get them.  I'm sure everyone will be more than happy to help you out.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Considering that some people will bid up ANY Opus X or Anejo to $35+ per stick on Cbid, i'd say anything remotely close to MSRP is a "good deal".
stogiedad.1 Wrote: Did I get ROBBED or was this a good Find? Either way i'll be putting these up for a very Special occasion. By the way, Has anyone ever tried the Opus X?

AC[cigar]

I'd say you did good.  That was fair market valve for those cigars.

As for a special occasion... every da is a special occasion, so smoke one soon [cigar]
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Mark Wrote:AC, smoke one and see if you like them.  If you do, there are alot of us here that can get them.  I'm sure everyone will be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks for the info and the offer to help out! Think that I'll let them sit in the humi for about a month and see what one of them taste like. I f i like it then I'll try to get my hands on some more.

AC[cigar]
Theodore Roosevelt