Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not wanting to start another shaving thread, but...
Amber_Lee Wrote:When your shaving it truly helps if you do it after a shower or wet your face with warm water (not soaking wet, splash and dab dry). When you shave you should shave the way the hair grows. This will help with bumps, cuts and ingrown hairs.

Good luck picking a razor.

wow, I find the opposite to be true. In the summer I shave immediately when I wake up cause my bedroom has the most AC and the bathroom can be a little warm & even a little sweat can cause drag and issues.

For the same reason I shave before and not after a shower. If I forget, I wait no less then 20 minutes to ensure I am 100% dry.

I get ingrown hairs form a blade and not from an electric. But everyone is different.
You know that ingrowns come from to close and the hair retracting under the skin and the hole closes.  You just have to pick your poison.  Me, I chose none of the above.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
Amber_Lee Wrote:When your shaving it truly helps if you do it after a shower or wet your face with warm water (not soaking wet, splash and dab dry). When you shave you should shave the way the hair grows. This will help with bumps, cuts and ingrown hairs.

wow, I find the opposite to be true. In the summer I shave immediately when I wake up cause my bedroom has the most AC and the bathroom can be a little warm & even a little sweat can cause drag and issues.

For the same reason I shave before and not after a shower. If I forget, I wait no less then 20 minutes to ensure I am 100% dry.

I get ingrown hairs form a blade and not from an electric. But everyone is different.

I would agree.   My main issue is severe shaver's rash when I do my pubes.  But after each shave, if one uses some Dove deoderant on the shaved area, the rash never reappears and the area is very smooth!
I have the Braun Pulsonic that Maytag Man posted a pic of.  I like it a lot.
Tank, you're a FREAK!!!!Tongue  "I find that when I shave my pubes..."   

... WTF is wrong with you, my good man!Confusedhock:

Oh and Maytag, if you let me know what you want I may be able to score it for you at cost and then send it to you.  I have access to a lot of this kind of stuff.Wink
macallan2 Wrote:Tank, you're a FREAK!!!!Tongue  "I find that when I shave my pubes..."   

... WTF is wrong with you, my good man!Confusedhock:

Oh and Maytag, if you let me know what you want I may be able to score it for you at cost and then send it to you.  I have access to a lot of this kind of stuff.Wink

[lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]

SHE likes it that way.   And I get more of something else!   [7up]
Tank, that was wierd man... Everyone knows you can only use a blade for that.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:In order to get close an electric makes thousands of tiny nicks on your face (especially around the neck area). I found the Norelco triple head razors to be the gentlest. Still they take some getting used to.

In order to adapt you must shave every day (not necessary once you fully adapt but if your beard gets too long it yanks the hairs out and this just plain hurts). At first you want to shave as lightly as possible. And use an after shave (I like just plain witch hazel-it closes the pores and can help to prevent that rash). You can skip a few days in the beginning. Once your face and beard adapts you can get as close and rough as you wish with no repercussions. I shave every day with my triple header and it's a snap. If I miss 2 days or more I use a blade to avoid the yanking syndrome.

Now, you can spend over $300 on a norelco, or as little as $75. I like the cheapies. No rechargable for me (I dont do a lot of shaving where there is no power outlet & the batteries is just one more source for failure). Let the heads be your guide.

I agree with skipper

Takes two or three weeks of lightly shaving and not getting a close shave before your face builds up an immunity to it. A lot of guys give up and go back to shaving with the regular razor and have to start the process over again.

US_Tank Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:

I would agree.   My main issue is severe shaver's rash when I do my pubes.  But after each shave, if one uses some Dove deoderant on the shaved area, especialy the stalk, the rash never reappears and the area is very smooth!

Don't you mean lotion, I bet it is smooth? We call it something esle down here, like

1. Anger the cobra

2. Badger the witness

3. Bash the bishop

4. Baste the turkey

5. Beat up shorty

6. Beef the jerky

7. Beef-strokin'-off

8. Blow your nose

9. Box the clown

10. Burp the worm

11. Call the captain

12. Choke the chicken

13. Clear the snorkel

14. Date Palmela Handerson

15. Drain the dragon

16. Drill for oil

17. Exorcise your demons

18. Fiddle the ferret

19. Fight with Tarzan

20. Fire the surgeon general

21. Five knuckle shuffle

22. Flog the dolphin

23. Flog your log

24. Give Kojak the third degree

25. Go down to the zipper mart to pick up a pound of pork

26. Grab the handle

27. Greeting Madam Palm and her 5 lovely daughters

28. Groom the Wookie

29. Harass the milkman

30. Have sex with someone you love

31. High-five Yule Brenner

32. Hold your sausage hostage

33. Increase the surface temperature of the ship's primary cannon using rapid linear motion

34. Jack the beanstock

35. Jack the frank

36. Jerkin' the gherkin

37. Jingle the Pringles

38. Lead Pedro down the road of bulimia

39. Liquidate inventory

40. Lope the mule

41. Lubricate the Lutheran

42. Make Peter puke

43. Make the Cyclops fight the 5 headed monster

44. Mangle the moose

45. Meet Mother Palm and her five daughters

46. Milk the one-uttered cow

47. Molest the bystander

48. Our Gang Spanky Marathon

49. Paint the ceiling

50. Pat the Robertson

51. Pet the bald eagle

52. Pocket pool

53. Polish the pewter

54. Powder your nose

55. Pull Nixon's nose

56. Put Mr. Kleenex's kids through college

57. Rattle the one-eyed snake

58. Remove the rust

59. Rope your goat

60. Rough up the suspect

61. Rub the rhubarb

62. Say hello to Mr. Happy

63. Shake hands with the one eyed milk man

64. Shake hands with the unemployed

65. Shake hot, white coconuts from the veiny love tree

66. Shake your fist angrily at your ex-girlfriend

67. Shampoo the carpet

68. Slap the salmon

69. Slobbin' the Milosevich

70. Spend time with an old friend

71. Squeeze a few rounds off on the pump action shotgun

72. Squeeze the Charmin

73. Squeeze the squid

74. Stretch the truth

75. Strip the bark

76. Stroke the salami

77. Strum the drum

78. Take batting practice

79. Take matters in hand

80. Take the sausage hostage

81. Tame the shrew

82. Tease the weasel

83. Tickle the pickle

84. Torture little Timmy

85. Tug the handle

86. Ugly man sex

87. Vex the vicar

88. Visit the petting zoo

89. Vote Republican

90. Walk the dog

91. Wash the Buick

92. Wax the Winnebago

93. Whack jack

94. Whip up some baby batter.

95. White water wristing

96. Wind your sun dial

97. Windsurf on Mt. Baldy

98. Withdraw from the spank bank

99. Wrestle with the one-eyed monster

100. Yank the Yankee
[Image: bty10sept-dove-A2.gif]

Attached Files Image(s)

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

[lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]

Terry you are a card!