Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Dakota Blizzard
Our forecast for 6am Monday morning is ground blizzards, winds continuing at 30 mph and temps at 20 below.   Windchills will be 50 below.   We got a 12 inches of snow.
macallan2 Wrote:Just got home myself.  This stuff's starting to blow in after a day of freezing rain.Confusedhock:
Should be an interesting drive in to work tomorrow...

Would be an interesting drive anywhere around town!  
Hopefully most of the people that have realized it IS winter and they need to slow down and drive carefully. 
I-80 (south of me) is always full of idiots in the ditch when the slightest bit of snow or ice is on the highway.
Umm yea.  This weather happens every year...  You should know how to handle it.
[doh]

I went out for a little walkabout!   These cars are stuck because of the blowing snow.   We have not seen a snowplow out here all day.  

[Image: 1208Blizzard2010.jpg]

[Image: 1208Blizzard2011.jpg]

[Image: 1208Blizzard2012.jpg]

[Image: 1208Blizzard2005.jpg]

The street......................earlier in the night I got my full size Ford Expedition stuck here.

[Image: 1208Blizzard2002.jpg]

This is the street and the drift here is 3 feet.

[Image: 1208Blizzard2016.jpg]

These drifts in the street are over two feet high.    And these drifts along the garage are up to my chin................

[Image: 1208Blizzard2008.jpg]

This drift is up past my chest in height.

[Image: 1208Blizzard2015.jpg]

The Weather Channel is in town for our blizzard.   They stated that a hurricane has nothing on a North Dakota Blizzard.   They also stated that they have been to International Falls, MN the icebox of the U.S.   They said they have not felt as harsh of a windchill there as they did here.  

60 below windchills tonight and exposed skin freezes in about two minutes.   But alas, my brain is frozen.   I went for about a 1/4 mile walk to snap some pics for you gents.   But I was warm.................

[Image: 1208Blizzard2017.jpg]

However, I damn near froze my fingers off every time I had to take pictures.   But I felt I could not let Stogie Chat down as my brain is frozen and I am half Japanese.   [lol]

My back deck.   The railing to my gazebo is about waist high.............

[Image: gazebo001.jpg]
Now THATS a snowfall!  [bravo]
I LOVED walking around in the snow when I was younger.  And I still do!

That is crazy!  Thanks for venturing out to take those pics Daryn....You need to get an igloo herf going on!
MK 199 Wrote:That is crazy!  Thanks for venturing out to take those pics Daryn....You need to get an igloo herf going on!

Yea you could make a nice snow fort in that gazebo. 
[smokin2]
Djaric Wrote:
MK 199 Wrote:That is crazy!  Thanks for venturing out to take those pics Daryn....You need to get an igloo herf going on!

Yea you could make a nice snow fort in that gazebo. 
[smokin2]

No school Monday.  Yes the plan is to dig snowforts.  Smile
Ahh yes, I remember those days from when I lived in Waukesha, WI years ago.  I was only 13 then, but still kinda miss the snow.  It's supposed to be kinda rainy all week and highs in the low to mid 60s here in Atlanta.  Pics of that don't seem quite as impressive.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
wow.  some entrepeneurally minded kids are going to make a fortune shoveling all that.