Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nexus 4
Anyone have one? Mine will be here tomorrow, got a second one to flip but thinking about giving it to the lady instead. Can't beat the price for an out of contract phone, designed by google and LG, heard horror stories of the back glass cracking, but otherwise sounds pretty awesome. Really excited to play with it.
Ordered my Dad a Nexus 7 yesterday... I'll be loading up some basic apps and what not... I'm just hoping it won't be too heavy for him to hold in his hand... I'm hoping it will also help him big up more strength in his hand and recover from his stroke faster..
Nice gift Teck and hope your dad has a speedy recovery.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Good job Dustin!

We picked up a Kindle Fire on a Black Friday deal for my dad - we are going to give it to him a little early though so he can get it figured out. He is having a knee replaced on Dec 28, and we want to give him time to figure it out, get some books loaded, etc. before his hospital stay and then the recovery...

(12-02-2012, 04:42 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Nice gift Teck and hope your dad has a speedy recovery.
Yeah.. He's coming along... I just want to force/trick him into using his brain more which I am told will assist with the recovery of motor function. Figured I'd set him up with Solitaire, Angry Birds, etc..

(12-02-2012, 06:41 PM)MaytagMan Wrote: Good job Dustin!

We picked up a Kindle Fire on a Black Friday deal for my dad - we are going to give it to him a little early though so he can get it figured out. He is having a knee replaced on Dec 28, and we want to give him time to figure it out, get some books loaded, etc. before his hospital stay and then the recovery...
Thats actually a really great idea... With my Dad I wish I had been able to give him something like that awhile ago.. Give him something to do in between the 3-5hrs of therapy a day.

BTW... There are probably some card games and stuff like that with the Kindle Fire... He might be interested..
Bump. I SURE could use some help. Hell must have frozen over!!! I still don't have a smartphone so I'm in the dark on this

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

LOL terry...
Have you looked around at what's out there? First decision, Apple or android.
Once you make that decision, we can help you out. As far as advice on the Apple vs Android, people here are too emotional to give you a good answer. IMO. Go to a verizon store and play with them both. Talk to the reps and ask questions.
My personal feelings are, if you like tinkering with computers (software) then you'd probably be happier with an android. If you just want plug&play and the restrictions that goes with it, then iphone. (I tried to keep my emotion out of it, but I think the last part of my comment was biased Wink )
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
You also might consider this: http://www.republicwireless.com/

I've been using it for a couple months now and i really like it. You get an android phone & phone service for $20/mo.

The phone trys to use WiFi to make your calls whenever possible... When its not, it uses the Sprint network (which does not cost extra). My calls are clearer, I receive text messages faster than ever, its got really good battery life, and the price of the service is hard to beat. For $20/mo I get more with Republic Wireless than I ever did from AT&T for over $100... And I would be happy to pay $100+ for this service.

Anyway... At the end of the day... Apple, Android, other... Your best sticking with one of the A's (Apple or Android)... Which one should you get? It doesn't matter IMHO. Play with each of them, decide from there.. Frankly, most apps are available on both... So that's not a factor... Most of the features are available on both... Honestly, there's little the average person cant do on both Android and Apple.
(01-23-2013, 09:32 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: LOL terry...
Once you make that decision, we can help you out. As far as advice on the Apple vs Android, people here are too emotional to give you a good answer. IMO. Go to a verizon store and play with them both. Talk to the reps and ask questions.
My personal feelings are, if you like tinkering with computers (software) then you'd probably be happier with an android. If you just want plug&play and the restrictions that goes with it, then iphone. (I tried to keep my emotion out of it, but I think the last part of my comment was biased Wink )

John, I meant I'm in the dark in general because I still don't have a smartphone yet. BUT I did get a Nexus and it's kickin my A$$. I reset it back to out of box already. LOL

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(01-24-2013, 03:04 AM)tafdom Wrote:
(01-23-2013, 09:32 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: LOL terry...

John, I meant I'm in the dark in general because I still don't have a smartphone yet. BUT I did get a Nexus and it's kickin my A$$. I reset it back to out of box already. LOL

You got a Nexus 4 Terry? How do you like it? What issues are you having? I LOVE mine! Wanted to flip the other I got on CraigsList, but I liked mine so much, I gave it to my lady. And she loves it as well. I will help however I can.