Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New job?
I was asked to help my cousin out in his work since I was on leave, and I have been offered a job as a result.

I thought I'd run it past you folks since there is a story attached to see what you think.

My cousins store is very big and in London and although I had no sales experience, he put me in sales to try my hand.

At the end of my first day ..... I was supposed to be there for 4 days ...... he was a bit miffed that I had only managed 1 sale for the whole day.

He kinda groaned at me, and poked "Just one? my sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale for?

So I told him ...... it was £124,237.64

This wiped the smile off of his face and he asked what the hell did you sell?"

So I told him that at first it was a small fish hook, then a medium fish hook, and then I sold the guy a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was intending to go' fishing and he said the coast, so I told him he would need a boat, so we went to the boat department and I sold him that twin-engined Power Cat. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the car showroom and I sold him the 4 x 4 Jeep.

My cousin was gob smacked, and said "You mean to tell me....a guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and 4x4?"

So, I told him .... no no no ......he came in here to buy a box of tampons for his lady friend and I said......... 'Well, since yer weekend's fecked, you might as well go fishing."

So ...... what do you guys think?

Should I leave the jungle and go to London?

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Run for office.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Classic
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
LOL!!!!!
This is my boomstick!
Great!!!
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
:lmao:
--Mike
LMAO
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
Straight shooter with upper middle management written all over him!!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Haha awesome
I used to live in London, you'd love it there. lol

Hey, where did you get this fantastic story?
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”