Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York City now has the world's stupidest mayor
Hey if you wanna see total knuckleheads in charge of a city,come to lowell.Of course it's in Mass and we all know how i hate this state.Then you might ask...Well then why don't you leave?My response is,Because i can't reach the key to the cuffs that hold me to this friggin radiator.
Tommy2guns Wrote:Hey if you wanna see total knuckleheads in charge of a city,come to lowell.Of course it's in Mass and we all know how i hate this state.Then you might ask...Well then why don't you leave?My response is,Because i can't reach the key to the cuffs that hold me to this friggin radiator.
You do have your share of crappy politicians in Mass, like Big Head Ted and Frankenstein John, but they need to be kept in Mass cause one got loose and wound up as the mayor of NY.  :X
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
IMO the reason our taxes are so high in NYS is because of NYC...thats a fact Jack.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
bartok Wrote:Where does the funding for this program come from?  It says in the article that it's "private funding".  Is that truly $50M in donations, or is it some backhanded accounting trick where the funds ultimately come from taxes?
ah the "acceptable practices of accounting" by which multi-millionaires hide their ill-gotten capital gains through donations to "charitable organizations".

i dont know how the gains can be said to be ill gotten, but.. these write-off are federal.

Further, if you try to take the write offs away, the economy will collapse. Case in point, 10/22/88 Regan passed the tax enactment act. Donations stopped being a write off. Hence no one made any donations. Hence there were no train cars being donated to cities. States were forced to support the arts themselves. Hospitals were forced to raise fees over 200%...

I could go on and on, but having writeoffs are the only way our economy survives. As for Bloomberg and this idea, I do think it's kinda stupid. Unless you figure some of these people would not take their kids to the doctors because of the cost (tangential costs such as travel)... It's an interesting and somewhat disturbing idea.
There are schmuck politicians wherever you look and each more assanine than the last regardless of the office they hold.  Frankly I look at anyone with a cocked eye who thinks and says he has my and everyone else's best interests so taken to heart as to tell us how to run everything but that's just me.

And if you all enjoy Mike Bloomberg take a look at Tom Suozzi in Nassau County.  Here's a freaking genius.  Hey look we have a deficit.  How do we solve this?  Easy.  Raise taxes.  Hmm now I have to give jobs to all my cronies.  Hmm more jobs.  Can't pay them a decent wage.  Nope six figure salaries all around.  Hey you don't even have to come to work.  Uh-oh.  Another deficit.  Hmmm.  Let's raise taxes again.  Yeah that's the ticket.

And of all the politicians I've ever seen there's nothing funnier than watching this guy, whose meal ticket is humping his italian roots to the italian constituents, get up at a Knights of Columbus dinner and absolutely butcher the Italian language.  Good job there buddy. 

Hey Tom how'd the gubernatorial run go?  How to soak your losses?  Guess you'll have to raise taxes again.

As for the accounting and donations gig I was not speaking to the Carnegies of the world but rather those who set up foundations, name themselves, family and friends board members and so on and then donate 100% of "after tax profits" to bla bla bla group meanwhile writing off huge chunks of change against "donated time" and expenses.  Accountants are nothing but the financial arm of lawyers putting all the immorality into neat little green boxes imho.  Then again if i could do it all over again i'd have been an accountant.  If you can't beat them join them. Smile
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
bartok Wrote:Where does the funding for this program come from?  It says in the article that it's "private funding".  Is that truly $50M in donations, or is it some backhanded accounting trick where the funds ultimately come from taxes?
ah the "acceptable practices of accounting" by which multi-millionaires hide their ill-gotten capital gains through donations to "charitable organizations".
Confusedhock: oh my Goodness, what is the city coming too?
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:There are schmuck politicians wherever you look and each more assanine than the last regardless of the office they hold.  Frankly I look at anyone with a cocked eye who thinks and says he has my and everyone else's best interests so taken to heart as to tell us how to run everything but that's just me.

And if you all enjoy Mike Bloomberg take a look at Tom Suozzi in Nassau County.  Here's a freaking genius.  Hey look we have a deficit.  How do we solve this?  Easy.  Raise taxes.  Hmm now I have to give jobs to all my cronies.  Hmm more jobs.  Can't pay them a decent wage.  Nope six figure salaries all around.  Hey you don't even have to come to work.  Uh-oh.  Another deficit.  Hmmm.  Let's raise taxes again.  Yeah that's the ticket.

And of all the politicians I've ever seen there's nothing funnier than watching this guy, whose meal ticket is humping his italian roots to the italian constituents, get up at a Knights of Columbus dinner and absolutely butcher the Italian language.  Good job there buddy. 

Hey Tom how'd the gubernatorial run go?  How to soak your losses?  Guess you'll have to raise taxes again.

As for the accounting and donations gig I was not speaking to the Carnegies of the world but rather those who set up foundations, name themselves, family and friends board members and so on and then donate 100% of "after tax profits" to bla bla bla group meanwhile writing off huge chunks of change against "donated time" and expenses.  Accountants are nothing but the financial arm of lawyers putting all the immorality into neat little green boxes imho.  Then again if i could do it all over again i'd have been an accountant.  If you can't beat them join them. Smile
[curse] Tom Suozzi [curse] [spank]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Also, it was announced recently, that the richest person living in NYC is Mayor Bloomberg at a net worth of $13,000,000,000 (thats 13 billion for you numericaly challenged).

His only saving grace as mayor and as a human being is that his annual salary for being mayor is only $1/ year... along with several of his cronies he gave city jobs to with city salries of also $1 (he pays them from his pocket)

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
You know, I really don't know why you guys bother with elections.  Why not just auction off the mayorship to the highest bidder?  If he wants it bad enough, make him pay for it!
bartok Wrote:You know, I really don't know why you guys bother with elections.  Why not just auction off the mayorship to the highest bidder?  If he wants it bad enough, make him pay for it!
it is already like that