Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New USPS Regulations...
http://www.usps.com/communications/newsr...10_060.htm

New Mailing Rules for Tobacco Products Set for Summer

Changes to law restrict mailing of tobacco products

WASHINGTON — To comply with legislation passed by Congress and signed into law by the President, cigarettes and smokeless tobacco products will be subject to new mailing regulations effective June 29, 2010. The law, Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking Act, Public Law No. 111-154, was signed into law March 31. With only a few limited exceptions, the Postal Service will no longer be allowed to accept or transport packages containing cigarettes or smokeless tobacco products. The general mailability ban will extend to cigarettes, roll-your-own tobacco and smokeless tobacco. The prohibition does not include cigars.

Shipments entirely within Alaska and Hawaii will continue, subject to certain labeling and acceptance requirements.

The law does permit infrequent lightweight shipments by age-verified adults to recipients who are at least the age of majority for purchase of tobacco. Shipments between businesses in the tobacco industry will also be permitted, as well as cigarettes sent to consumers age 21 and above for testing or public health purposes. Most shipments will require photo identification and age verification consistent with the minimum age requirements in the locality of destination. With the exception of shipments entirely within Alaska and Hawaii, shipments are permitted only via Express Mail and, with the exception of shipments from the United States to APO/FPO/DPO destinations, will be delivered using “hold for pickup” service at the destination Post Office.
Attacking our freedoms yet again... I just love this... Now we can't even mail what we like.... I know it does not include cigars but I'm sure they are working on it.... It's time to take this country back... Fuc$in hippie liberals..... Sorry I'll get off my soap box now....
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
Well, Express Mail can cost about the same (depending on weight of package and distance to destination when doing comparisons) as 2 or 3 day service from UPS (officially no tobacco products allowed there, though almost all of my shipments from vendors arrive via UPS...). Considering Express Mail is rarely overnight anymore it will take about the same amount of time as that 2 or 3 day UPS service comparison as well. Priority mail has gone to shit along with Express mail.

It seems few (if any) options are left for less than enterprise level accounts shipping tobacco, as just with "Protecting Kids from Tobacco," cigars are bound to wind up as an inclusion rather than exclusion very soon!
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
Three of my older vendors use dhl over anyone to ship tobacco. They say nobody messes with them and the service was great.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

This will affect the bombs if they include cigars!! Gotta hide them! LOL
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
(07-11-2010, 09:38 PM)Maduro PiPs Wrote: This will affect the bombs if they include cigars!! Gotta hide them! LOL

I could bury them inside the brownie cake?

Big Grin