Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Toy - warning nerd alert
I just bought a new computer, I have slipped to the dark side.

[Image: imac20.jpg]

20 " display

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR2 memory
320GB hard drive
8x DL SuperDrive
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO 256MB graphics
Airport Extreme & Bluetooth

I have owned windows / microsoft pc's since my first 086 . But this computer is just fantastic the mac os is the best.  If I want to play games i have the xbox and my old laptop.

Very nice Roger. 

Sleek looking computer.
[user=70]Roger - The Bargain Hunter[/user] wrote:
Quote:I just bought a new computer, I have slipped to the dark side.

[Image: imac20.jpg]

20 " display

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR2 memory
320GB hard drive
8x DL SuperDrive
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO 256MB graphics
Airport Extreme & Bluetooth

I have owned windows / microsoft pc's since my first 086 . But this computer is just fantastic the mac os is the best.  If I want to play games i have the xbox and my old laptop.

Welcome to APPLE!!! You'll love it!!!!

Mason
I slipped over to the dark side a couple of months ago for my laptop ...... macbook.

I cant believe I waited this long now that I am finding my way around with so much ease.

I reckon the Vista farse will push a few others towards Mac, and imho I dont think they will regret it.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Thanks, I love my new imac, it is an amazing machine. Do any of you use the .mac service ? Do you think it's woth the money ?
Apple always has the coolest stuff
Sony Beta was the coolest. Sometimes cool does not equal hot.
welcome to the world of non-crashing computers! i spent 7 years on the real dark side (dell). lesson learned. never again. i just wish i'd bought apple stock when it was at 16 bucks. Big Grin
funny... i have been involved with computers long before there was a PC. My introduction to PC's was fist for lotus (I used to call them spreadsheet machines cause that's all they were used for) then as dumb terminal emulators... the idea being you could replace a $400 dumb async terminal with an $8,000 PC. Now there's business smarts!

Anyway (i digress). I am a user and fan of the much more common MS and even the Dell computer. I gotta say, my computer does not crash. In fact, with the exception of a memory issue I had not too long ago, it's been well over 2 years. And yeah, I use my computer heavily.

But, I also take very good care of it. Ensuring the disks are happy and nothing infiltrates my machine unless I fully understand it.

Now that Debbi lives with me, her computer is as stable.

Even Windows ME was stable for me. Pretty much everything since the introduction of version 3 has been a real success.

Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:Even Windows ME was stable for me. Pretty much everything since the introduction of version 3 has been a real success.

Congratul;ations you are the only one.  I payed just as much attention to my last computer and ME crashed daily.  I mean I tried everything to fix it and it didnt happen.  I wiped it off and installed Red Hat I was so pissed.

Carries XP console is a bit more stable now.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool