Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need it all!
Hi Guys,

Okay, I am in a little pickle. I am looking for a humidor that holds only about 10 cigars, and some good sticks to fill it with. I like the milder cigars (Oliva, even the Playboy ones). Any suggestions on the type of humidor and cigars I should try? My local shop has just about everything, so you name it, and I'll try it!

Marsey
Jacob,

Go into the Fuente humidor at your shop.  There are a lot of inexpensive offerings in there that are good.  Try the 8-5-8's.  La Gloria Cubana Wavell. The Pepin Blue label is a must-try for you.  Also the CAO Italia is a good start.  These are just my perceptions of your likes from the short time I got to know you. 

I ordered a sampler pack from Cigar.com and it came with a small humidor.  10 cigars and the humidor were like $40.  Give that a try.  Good luck.
Marsey, my first suggestion is not to settle on a humidor for only 10 cigars.  The rule of thumb for buying humidors is always get one bigger than you think you need right now.  You will outgrow it in no time.

As for milder cigar suggestions, I always recommend Macanudos. Also try CAO Gold, Don Pepin white labels and Cusano 18.  If you want to push up to mediums, Oliva Serie G in cameroon or maduro are also very nice, as well as any Fuente regular and Hemingway series cigars.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:Marsey, my first suggestion is not to settle on a humidor for only 10 cigars.  The rule of thumb for buying humidors is always get one bigger than you think you need right now.  You will outgrow it in no time.

As for milder cigar suggestions, I always recommend Macanudos. Also try CAO Gold, Don Pepin white labels and Cusano 18.  If you want to push up to mediums, Oliva Serie G in cameroon or maduro are also very nice, as well as any Fuente regular and Hemingway series cigars.

there's your answer.

Also I agree 100% about the humidor. Use a tupperware until you figure out where you are going to land in this obsession.

[user=932]US_Tank[/user] wrote:
Quote:Jacob,

Go into the Fuente humidor at your shop.  There are a lot of inexpensive offerings in there that are good.  Try the 8-5-8's.  La Gloria Cubana Wavell. The Pepin Blue label is a must-try for you.  Also the CAO Italia is a good start.  These are just my perceptions of your likes from the short time I got to know you. 

I ordered a sampler pack from Cigar.com and it came with a small humidor.  10 cigars and the humidor were like $40.  Give that a try.  Good luck.
who's Jacob?
MikeD Wrote:Marsey, my first suggestion is not to settle on a humidor for only 10 cigars.  The rule of thumb for buying humidors is always get one bigger than you think you need right now.  You will outgrow it in no time.
I agree a 10 count is just a waste of money. You would be better off to use a ziplock bag and a humidity pack to start out with if you are questioning if you will need a humidor.