Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Humidor Help...
Hey everybody, I'd like to start by saying sorry I haven't been on much, been working overtime to prep for a few tests I have with my recruiter to tyr and switch my Rank and MoS- and for a physical coming up. With that and visiting my Papa in Bama I havent had much free time(btw got results today and it seems he for sure has cancer, if ya'll could keep him in your prayers I would be forever greatful).

Back to my post though, I recently got a beautiful new Humidor as a Birthday present and was wondering how detremental it would be to wait a bit before keeping cigars in it after seasoning it, I was going to buy a box this weekend but my pockets are a bit empty atm so I was just wondering how soon I need to fill it, I sould have some by christmas if I am lucky, just wondering if it will hurt my humi!

Thx guys, sorry for my absence, hope all is well and your Holidays go wonderfully!
No man, Thank you. It would not hurt at all as long as you kept the % right.  What did you get and how many will it hold? What kind of humi and gauge does it have with it? How about a pic. Thanks again for doing what you do. T

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

First I'd like to send my best wishes and I will keep your Dad in my thoughts and prayers. No need to apologize for your lack of being around bro, Life tends to get in the way and trust me we understand.  Good to see you back again though.  As Terry already pointed out lack of cigars in your humidor will not cause any problem, just keep the humidity at the correct RH. 65% is ideal in my book, however as long as you stay 70% and lower you will do fine for now.

Lets see some pictures of your new pride and joy.

If any one feels like helping Maverick out with putting some sticks in his humi, PM me. Wink
fishhound Wrote:First I'd like to send my best wishes and I will keep your Dad in my thoughts and prayers. No need to apologize for your lack of being around bro, Life tends to get in the way and trust me we understand.  Good to see you back again though.  As Terry already pointed out lack of cigars in your humidor will not cause any problem, just keep the humidity at the correct RH. 65% is ideal in my book, however as long as you stay 70% and lower you will do fine for now.

Lets see some pictures of your new pride and joy.

If any one feels like helping Maverick out with putting some sticks in his humi, PM me. Wink

PM sentBig Grin

Maverick what branch of the military are you in? I would assume the airforce but just curiousSmile. Sorry about your Dad bro..I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
best wishes to you and your pops bro. and back to your question, like everyone else said, it will be fine. the only thing i've noticed is dead air takes a little more work to humidify than will be required when you fill that puppy up, but it's not too tough.
Sorry to hear about your dad, bro.  I lost my mom in July to cancer.  I'll definitely keep your family in my thoughts.Wink  As for the humi, it's just more of a pain in the ass to keep stable without sticks in it but it won't hurt anything.  Good luck and we'll be here when you have time again.
good luck with your dad. Prayers sent.

As for the humidor, keeping it empty will simply make it a little unstable-ie, hard to heep at any consistant humidity as the ciigars act as a buffer. Aside form that, dont sweat it. Worse case you may have to reseason it a bit before you add any cigars.
Samr here Maverick, prayers are with you, dad & family.

Once things get settled, enjoy that humidor.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Thx all around guys, and to Bailey, I'm on my way into the Navy in about a month. I'll post some pics tomorrow for sure, nothing huge but it ought to hold atleast 100 if not some more. Thanks again for the kind words!

(oh, I am sorry that I may have mislead you, my "papa" is my grandfather, but he is the closest to a dad I have so I see no large difference lol, thank you all yet again.)
LOL I knew what PAPA meant in GA. Define  I'm on my way into the Navy for a month? We'll have to give you a going party. Stay tough man, you'll do great. What will you ge doing?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.