Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Aroma de Cuba and San Cristobal
Thanks Robbie. [rob]
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:Okay, so I did this. Dug this box out from the bottom of a pile in the back of the humidor. The box still had the nail in it, and only one cigar was missing from the batch. I pulled out the second while admiring the remarkable artwork on this box and band.

When I sat down in my cigar lounge with a vodka tonic and pulled it from the cello, I discovered that there is a fine dust all over the cigar. I can't believe it! This box of dark oily rosado wrapper is already developing plume!!! Putting the barrel to my nose, the smell was sharp, spicy and pungeant. Quite a strong odor.

I punched it and fired this one up. The burn was incredibly straight for nearly the entire cigar. Only near the end did it start to go squirrely on me, but I may have been guilty of a little neglect at that point.

The smoke was thick and plentiful, with a strong, spicy aroma that was just wonderful. A little floral & woody, with some black pepper. I just love the flavor profile. Very consistent. I filled that room with wispy wafting smoke, pronounced by the orb glowing softly above me.

Needless to say, it was a lovely evening alone with some peace and quiet in the lounge with a very dependable cigar. I am indeed going to miss these when they're gone. I got this box from ET, and have inquired on getting a few more before they're gone.

Thanks for the heads-up on this, Eric.

Hey, I was sippin vodka tonics this weekend, too.  I was smoking the La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial Lancero with mine, though. 

Hope you got your hands on some more Double Coronas.  I know Ashton was telling retailers they would be taking back all leftover original blend La Aromas.  I talked to a couple retailers and it sounds like none are actually returning any of their stock.  You should still be able to find the original blend for a while. 

Eric
Great review B-Dub.  [thumbsup]  Did Uncle Ed like the smoke ?
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
That San Cristobol sounds great!
The original kicks my ass every time.  lol
Matt-N-Ga. Wrote:Great review B-Dub.  [thumbsup]  Did Uncle Ed like the smoke ?
He enjoyed every minute!
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!