Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to buy a new fridge
Well long story short my 30 year old hand me down fridge took a shit the other daySad  I'm slowly in the midst of re-doing the kitchen anyways so it would of been coming in the near future. I'm having a hard time trying to find what I like for what I can afford, so I'm reaching out to S.C. for help.
What I really would like to get is a french door style with a bottom mount freezer, Stainless finish, which I found a really nice Lg one for around $1200. Only problem is I drink a lot of water and would like to find one with a water dispenser. The LG specs says it has a ice maker but no mention of a water dispenser, wtf.[doh] Any suggestions would just be awesome. Ultimately I really can't afford to credit card any more then $1500.  I've been searching so much my brain hurts, so someone please come to my aid. Thanks in advance.
-Dave

p.s. The winner gets a door prizeWink
I have a kenmore with polished stainless finish.  Want to say mine was around 1500 when I bought it a couple years ago?

try craigslist yet?
madurodave Wrote:I have a kenmore with polished stainless finish.  Want to say mine was around 1500 when I bought it a couple years ago?

try craigslist yet?
Thanks for the suggestion and my next stop is craigslist.
Hmmm...   the dispenser is what is killing you price-wise...    and that SS finish also adds a bit...

A quick look around, and I found this to be the least expensive model with the features that you want - I saw it at Lowes.com

It is a coincidence...  I swear!   :dude:

Good luck on your search!

MaytagÂ

24.9 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator (Color: Stainless Look) ENERGY STAR 

Lowe's Item #: 100128

Model: MFI2569VEA

$1,898.00

[Image: 883049135281.jpg]

Please avoid anything with an internal water dispenser.  Worst idea i've ever seen.  Couldn't talk my parents out of it either.
I think they all have water and ice.

Home Depot, Lowes and Sears is the only way to go. All will match each others price +10. I will throw Best Buy in just for another bid on the same mod#. If you can wait for the mail I have a 10% coup for HD and Lowes. Just let me know.  You might also check Circuit City because we have some stores closing and big % off.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Yeah I'm going to have to consider maybe going with a black finish and something that fits in a 33" space. But thats for all the suggestions.
one thing to consider is keeping it looking nice.  SS is beautiful as long as no one touches it!  black might be similar depending on whether its a smooth finish or not.

My parents have wood on thier fridge that matches the cabinets.  same with the dish washer.  its very nice.  if i can find the pics it was featured in some decorating mag. a few years back when it was redone.

if at all possible it might be a good idea to wait till after the holidays, but that may not be an option depending on your situation.

good luck!
MaytagMan Wrote:MaytagÂ

24.9 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator (Color: Stainless Look) ENERGY STAR 

Lowe's Item #: 100128

Model: MFI2569VEA

$1,898.00 

[Image: 883049135281.jpg]
That's the one the wife is bugging me to get
Remember when you connect into your water pipe for the icemaker that you drill the hole from the top of the water line and NOT the bottom. If you do the standing water in the pipe will corrode the fitting. Trust me on this!!!

My cousin Vinny is a plumber,this is how they do it,I tapped mine into the bottom of the cold water pipe and it corroded through in a couple years and flooded my basement.