Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice to properly store cigars...
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the cigar world and just bought my first humidor (25 to 50 cigars). My question is: Can I store infused cigars with non-infused cigars together on the same humidor? I recently tried the Grand Marnier and I totally loved! Now, this cigars comes in a "Glass Tube". I will buy a few of them but I also want to buy more samplers to try other kind of cigars. I don't know if by taking the infused cigars out of the tubes will infuse the others after a while on the same humidor?

Should I take the cigars out of the tube or glass tube so they can get nicely obtain moisture and brief? Do I need a separate humidor for infused cigars?

Any advice will be highly appreciated! Smile

Computer Problems? Have Cigars? We got you!

We will be offering our services for a box of cigars to all Stogiechat members!

www.va-itsolutions.com
info@va-itsolutions.com
I think that everyone here will tell you this: Don't put infused (flavored) cigars in your humi with your other premium cigars, unless you want them to 'absorb' the flavor of the infused ones.

As for taking the cigars out of the glass tubes....no. and keep the cigars in their cello if it comes on them, as well. (90% of the reason is so they dont get damaged as you move them around in the humi. The other 10% is just misc. reasons.

And congrats on stepping into the wonderful world of cigars, and the camaraderie that goes with it!!
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
What Dave said... keep them separate. And the cello is a personal opinion... a lot of people leave stogies in the cello and a lot take them out... just depends on preference [edit] I would however keep different cigars from touching without cello (maduro vs connecticut for example).

Welcome to the slippery slope!
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
Thank you guys!!!! I love this forum, everybody is friendly and helpful Wink

www.va-itsolutions.com
info@va-itsolutions.com
hey erik welcome to the forum buddy yea these guys are awesome an full of info an that is a great question cause i myself was wondering the samething but i am good now.
I really had to stir up the cello convo, but when i first started i thought it was nicer to leave them out of cello. After banging up a few wrappers I came to the conclusion that they look better in cello after all..lol
No Justice, No Peace!
I agree with Dave Keep the cello on the cigars because it protects it ,also i would keep infused and Flavored in a totally different humi but wait for other replys ( i don't smoke any flavored or infused )
Cello on for sure, I also learned the hard way !!! I actually started re-wrapping the ones I had unwrapped early on!!!

Flavored, I've also been told to segregate them (they're for my wife !!)

The tube conversation has also been had, one thread started by me was about cap on or off. I now take the cap off all tubes to prevent mold issues...
http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/Thread-T...-or-Closed
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
(09-21-2011, 09:25 AM)SJS Wrote: Cello on for sure, I also learned the hard way !!! I actually started re-wrapping the ones I had unwrapped early on!!!

Flavored, I've also been told to segregate them (they're for my wife !!)

The tube conversation has also been had, one thread started by me was about cap on or off. I now take the cap off all tubes to prevent mold issues...
http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/Thread-T...-or-Closed

Great info on that threat, thanks. But since the Grand Marnier are infused I will keep them on the tubes Smile

www.va-itsolutions.com
info@va-itsolutions.com