Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some Help
(10-25-2010, 03:47 PM)carl609 Wrote: Good luck bro. We have had a few "house guests" in the past year. One was great, the other was not. The loss of privacy was the worst. It is important to help out family, but if he overstays his welcome you are well within your rights to tell him to kick rocks.

Are you talking about Lurch (not working out)? Tongue
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
thanks for all the advice guys i will keep you updated!
--Mike
(10-25-2010, 04:03 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
(10-25-2010, 03:47 PM)carl609 Wrote: Good luck bro. We have had a few "house guests" in the past year. One was great, the other was not. The loss of privacy was the worst. It is important to help out family, but if he overstays his welcome you are well within your rights to tell him to kick rocks.

Are you talking about Lurch (not working out)? Tongue

LMAO

And as far as advice goes ET's says it all.
I agree with Eric, charge him. Atleast you guys will be able to make the best of the situation. Sarahs younger sister used to live with us and she paid $500 a month. Helps out huge with the bills and makes it a little easier to tolerate them when you know that money is going in your pocket.

As a matter of fact she just moved back in. More money fir cigars and beer now, woo hoo!
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(10-25-2010, 02:16 PM)Admin Wrote: Charge him rent. It is still cheaper for him to live with you guys and helps him get back on his feet, it also shows that you expect him to cover expenses and not freeload. If money is a real issue due to hardship, then I would make sure he has a list of tasks to take care of everyday to help you guys out. Cut grass, take out garbage, pass vacuum, etc. The worst thing you can do is make it like a free hotel. Family or not, you have to set the rules at the start or later he will feel you are picking on him. And if you feel that its *wrong* to charge him some rent or to have a set of duties while staying under your roof....just think about your loss of privacy and how much LESS attention you are going to get because her little brother is in the next room and might hear you two.

You can't say no to family in need, but you sure as hell must set the rules or you will have a roommate for months or years!

+100
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles