Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nassau, Bahamas meet-up???
Those wacky marketers at Spirit Air are at it again, and are selling tickets from Fort Lauderdale to Nassau for $40.

The price is good until May, so this would be an ideal time to go to Nassau -- eat at the Graycliff (or at least have a glass of wine at the Graycliff), smoke cigars, etc.

Here are some links:

www.spiritair.com

www.graycliff.com

Cigar tours at the Graycliff: http://www.graycliff.com/index.php?optio...cle&sid=26

Havana Humidor is the best place to buy smokes, it's located inside the Atlantis resort
http://www.atlantis.com

I'm going to go sometime after the holidays, and I'm fairly flexible because I live a couple hours away.

If you have the means, stay at the Graycliff or Atlantis. Otherwise, there are some fairly inexpensive options at hotels.com and similar.  I just did a search for a few days at the end of January, and there were plenty of good options in the $100/day range.

Anyone interested?
HEY!

It's flipping nasty up north. Am I really the only person going to the Caribbean this winter? The whole trip would cost like $500 for one or $750 for two.

TO ILLUSTRATE MY POINT:

YOU
[Image: 98802723_af2167c3a1_m.jpg]

ME
[Image: nassau.jpg]

Any questions?

I just priced out a sample trip from La Guardia airport in New York to Nassau from January 25 to January 29.

Airfare: $300
Hotel: $200

or All Inclusive Package: Air, Hotel, Meals: $750

Rob, would you please move this to "Herfs and other Gatherings"

ScoopKW Wrote:YOU
[Image: 98802723_af2167c3a1_m.jpg]

ME
[Image: nassau.jpg]

Any questions?
nope, not a one.
moved for you scoop.  airfare and hotel looks great.   uhm what to do about the kids? Smile
Those prices are from SpiritVacations.com -- the kids fly/stay/eat free if I'm not mistaken.

Pull 'em out of school for a few days. It'll be good for them.

Or lock them in the basement.

You could always leave the wife/kids at home while you go to the Bahamas and smoke cigars. I'm sure that'd go over well with the family.

ScoopKW Wrote:Those prices are from SpiritVacations.com -- the kids fly/stay/eat free if I'm not mistaken.

Pull 'em out of school for a few days. It'll be good for them.

Or lock them in the basement.

You could always leave the wife/kids at home while you go to the Bahamas and smoke cigars. I'm sure that'd go over well with the family.
hmmm option number two sounds promising. Wink
lol can I be option number 3? hee hee hee.....what a wonderfull place to be anytime, anyseason, anyreason!!

oh hell send the kids to me!!
For those of you who have never been, Nassau is kinda like "Caribbean Light" -- easy to get to, and not the kind of rampant crime they have in Jamaica, DR or St. Thomas. They speak the language, the dollar is welcome. The major danger is getting creamed by a passing car trying to cross the street after looking in the wrong direction.

An all around good time.

I suppose we could all meet up in my backyard in Key West, but where's the fun in that?!?!?!  Besides, the Bahamas costs less than Key West. Seriously. (Well, except for beer. Beer in Key West is free if you know the brewmaster.)

My favorite day ever in the Bahamas was when I went to see a cricket match. I brought 4 cases of Kalik beer, and listened to a group of rastafarians trying to explain the game for six hours.

To this day, I STILL don't know how cricket is played. But we had a lot of fun drinking Red Stripe.

Besides -- the Caribbean's ONLY 5-star restaurant (the Graycliff) is in Nassau. They also have the largest wine collection in the Western Hemisphere -- 250,000 bottles.

That's where I plan on staying. I love that place.

Unless I hear some interest from any of y'all, I'm going to book my wife and I in for Martin Luther King weekend. Y'all get another chance to meet me in late March in either Merida or Cancun, Mexico. (Probably Merida -- spring break can be a royal pain.)

ScoopKW you tagline distorter you!! too funny!!

I love Nassau, have some great memories of trips there in the past. Fun place. Compared to Montego/Negril would be Carib Lite agreed!! And the Red Stripe flows so freely everywhere...and the rum is just heavenly!!

So all of you send me the kids via DHL/Fedex and get on the trip plans with Scoop
I have booked six of us to Nassau from Jan 12-15 -- MLK weekend.

SpiritAir is having a 2-for-1 sale until 1/2/07. So here's how it broke down:

1st class airfare from Ft. Lauderdale to Nassau for my wife and I: $150
Coach from Rhode Island to Nassau for my sister, bro in law and two nieces: $400
3-bedroom condo on Cable Beach for 3 nights: $600

TOTAL COST FOR SIX -- $1,150

Anyone else coming?