Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYS trying to put local cigar shops out of business
NYS trying to put local cigar shops out of business.

Starting today, October 1st, 2020....

Quote:New York State imposes an excise tax on tobacco products possessed in the state for sale at the following rates:

75% of the wholesale price on cigars and tobacco products

Like many, I buy most of my cigars online, due to the much higher cost of a b/m.  I understand they have to pay rent, electric, etc & make a living. 
So I do go to local b/m shops every now & then, to either look for something new to try or to go to an event (at least once a month or more).  In either case, when there, I buy cigars, usually at least a dozen or more.

A 75% excise tax will break the back of many of the local shops, especially during Covid times.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
The more you tax, the less sales your gonna have.
Simple logic, tax less, better sales, more income for the state & the local economy.

Stupid A Holes..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(10-01-2020, 03:51 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: The more you tax, the less sales your gonna have.
Simple logic, tax less, better sales, more income for the state & the local economy.

Stupid A Holes..

Big picture though, the agenda is go get you to stop smoking. This is like taking guns and ammo, the goal is to ban the ownership and use.
That is pretty damned steep.