Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My trip to the Dominican Republic: Part III of III parts
[Image: DSC04003.jpg]
This is the third of three parts relating my experiences in the Dominican Republic. In my latest article, I talk about my day spent with Gene Arganese of Arganese Cigars.

Arganese is a new company (about a couple of years) that has made some pretty quick progress. They quickly outgrew one factory and are now in a much bigger factory, with plans for continued growth.

I was really impressed with Gene Arganese who is not bound by the stodgy traditions of the cigar industry and is really doing some innovative stuff. He is not afraid to think WAY outside the box. As a result, you will be seeing some very interesting products coming from Arganese in the near future.

For those of you who have smoked Arganese cigars, you will already know that they have three different blends:
The Presidentà ~ a full-bodied smoke
The Chairman ~ a medium-bodied blend
The Ambassador ~ a lighter smoke

Plus, they have 4 different wrapper types that they will use: Connecticut shade, Maduro, Nicaraguan, and Double wrap. For example, you can buy either the Ambassador or Presidente blends with a Connecticut shade wrapper, or you can buy the Chairman and the Presidente blend with a Maduro wrapper.

The Double Wrap is a "barber pole" with Connecticut shade and maduro wrappers intertwined and only uses the Chairman blend.

An interesting company with some interesting cigars. Be sure to check out their website.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
As always, many thanks Doc, for all you do for cigar smokers world wide.....[cigar]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
lz6 Wrote:As always, many thanks Doc, for all you do for cigar smokers world wide.....[cigar]
Thanks Bob! The only problem now is that I'm out of stories.... Thank God I'm heading back to the DR in March!!! CoolConfusedhock:CoolConfusedhock:

Doc

--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Doc, you have a great site.
Thanks for taking the time to make something like that.
Ajsjazz Wrote:Doc, you have a great site.
Thanks for taking the time to make something like that.
My pleasure, bro. Thanks.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
AWESOME again Doc! That pic makes me wish I was Edward Scissorhands except with Xikars for fingers.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Thank you again doc. Do you travel alone on these trips?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:Thank you again doc. Do you travel alone on these trips?
Most of the time, yes, I go alone. Just me and my trusty camera, computer, audio equipment, camcorder, cigar cutter and lighter in a TSA-approved container. It's a tough job..........

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com