Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new custom NUBtray
(08-17-2011, 09:43 PM)Benfishin1 Wrote:
(08-17-2011, 09:50 AM)SJS Wrote: This was my first attempt at an ashtray....

What did you use to cut out the "lines" for your stogies to rest in?
I was thinking I'd probably end up using a wood file. I couldn't come up with any other ideas that seemed feasible.

Dremel.....
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
(08-17-2011, 03:52 PM)supadave Wrote: sjs that really is nice man i have ben thinking about doing one like this for quite awhile now looks like i need to get out into the woodshop now, what type of wood did you use on the nub one

They were both from the same Bradford Pear tree I had cut down for a friend.....I'm thinking my next one might be Oak.....
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
(08-17-2011, 09:43 PM)Benfishin1 Wrote:
(08-17-2011, 09:50 AM)SJS Wrote: This was my first attempt at an ashtray....

What did you use to cut out the "lines" for your stogies to rest in?
I was thinking I'd probably end up using a wood file. I couldn't come up with any other ideas that seemed feasible.

I would think a concave bit would be easy enough to use on a router to pull that stogie holder off like he did. It's the bowl part I am lost on.
this is absolutely amazing. You need to start mass producing these babies for the rest of us SC folks! Damn thats nice.
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
Whoa Man! Very nice ashtray! But don't listen to Dooley! However, I would not trust that this ashtray can make it through winters. Better send it to ND so I can test over the cold months coming up!
(08-17-2011, 09:29 AM)SJS Wrote: I might add more to it...like some NUB or Cain labels....There's a NUB LIVE one on the back...but my phone crapped out this morning !!!!

What do ya think ?!?!?!

WOW!!!! Great job!!! Cool
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Steve, you are an artist. Beautiful craftsmanship!
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
Looks nice!

Damn you got some skills!
(08-18-2011, 05:35 PM)US_Tank Wrote: Whoa Man! Very nice ashtray! But don't listen to Dooley! However, I would not trust that this ashtray can make it through winters. Better send it to ND so I can test over the cold months coming up!

First you steal me and Gunnar's Daytona boxes and now you move in on my ashtray? Damn you Tank.