Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My coolerdor humidity
I use beads and don't even HAVE a hygrometer in my humi. Use a calibrated humidity product and it's a moot point . . . in the end, trust what your cigars SMOKE like, not some arbitrary number.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
jrpierce Wrote:Ok I will definitely put some in there.
I have the sensor for the hygrometer rigged up so that it would be sort of a big ordeal to get it undone. I will take it out if i have to, but is it worth it to salt test it. Could it be that far off?
JP
yes
I'm planning to get beads, but for a 16 quart cooler what size should I use and what % do I want? A link to certain ones would be appreciated.
By the way, thank all of you for the help. It really helps and I appreciate it.
http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/Home.htm

Good vendor. He'll take care of you. Amount wise, go by the recommendations on the site. % is a matter of choice, but most people like how cigars smoke at 65% the best.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
that link didn't work for me
Nope, looks broke. Just google "Heartfelt Beads."

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
awesome thank you. Also, I has three cigars in there now, but how long should it take to stablize?
Did you say 3 cigars or 3 boxes?

Put more stogies in there. The beads will help you once you get them. Go to a cigar shop and pick up a couple of empty wooden boxes.

Have patience, it's hard to tell as you are dealing with a cooler not a humidor. 
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
You know...After all of this, it almost seems more worth it to just buy a real humi.
jrpierce Wrote:You know...After all of this, it almost seems more worth it to just buy a real humi.
you can get beads at the link in my post above from Mark. good people and good service