Cigar: My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petit Robusto
Size: 4 1/2 x 50 Petit Robusto
Build: Nicaraguan Filler, Binder and Wrapper
Made in Esteli Nicaragua
Pairing: Jack Daniels Single Barrel
Weather: Cool, clear night, approximately 68 Degrees
Rest time: Approximately 1 month

[Image: P6100267.jpg]

These are beautiful, small cigars. This one has a nice, dark wrapper with a few prominent veins but no flaws besides that. The pre light draw had a chocolate taste with a little bit of spice. I used a punch as usual and the cigar lit easily with my Xikar single flame. The cigar was nice and white and the cigar burned and tasted smooth. As I was burning through the first inch, the spice picked up a bit and in one of the craziest comparisons I've had, it reminded me of a chocolate Mole sauce. It as a tasty, spicy chocolaty goodness. The smoke was somewhat thick and had some weight to it, which is why it reminded me of a sauciness.

[Image: P6100271.jpg]

[Image: P6100272.jpg]

The Mole didn't last long as some of the spice faded, but the chocolate stayed and was very good. The burn line wavered a bit, with the ash remaining bright white. The last Petit Robusto had about 6 months rest and was nowhere nearly as tasty as this one. That one was harsh and bitter, where as this one remained smooth and full of flavor.

[Image: P6100275.jpg]

[Image: P6100276.jpg]

The burn eventually corrected itself, but would waver again. The flavors of this cigar remained one the chocolaty side of things as the burn stayed nice and cool. One of my favorite cigars I've smoked was a My Father 2010 LE. This cigar had a completely different flavor profile, but I still really enjoyed it. As I smoked on, this thing put out a good amount of tasty smoke.

[Image: P6100279.jpg]

And as with most My Father cigars, which I find to be really well built, the ash held strong for over an inch. The ash remained bright white and was solid.

[Image: P6100280.jpg]

[Image: P6100281.jpg]

[Image: P6100282.jpg]

Once the ash fell on it's own, the cigar remained cool. The chocolate remained and while good, it was a bit one dimensional. There were hints of tobacco and maybe some leather, but they weren't prominent enough to key on. This was a bit disappointing as I tend to have a bit of cigar ADD and love when the flavor changes or varies.

I continued on for a bit but the cigar got a bit boring. The cigar burned fine and never got bitter, but was just a bit eh towards the end. I began to think about the things I had to do still and decided to toss this where I was.
[Image: P6100283.jpg]

I have 5 or 6 more and can't wait to let em rest and see how those compare.
I really like this cigar in this size. Thanks for the review.
--Mike
Excellent review, thanks!
This is my boomstick!
Good job for a bald guy. LOL Erich, thanks for the review man!
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
Excellent review. Wish I had one now..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Great review, as always. I will have to try these.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
I think i saw this on the jam today
No Justice, No Peace!