Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mum Clan Hit - Across the Pond
It doesn't matter where you live or how often you see a person, having similar thinking habits seems to be the key for the Parkster's and Mum's. 
Apparently our Christmas cards and packages waved to each other as they crossed the pond.
I received a packaged from Parkster yesterday addressed to the Mum but when I opened it, it contained something for everyone.

First of all, cigars for Chris and I to smoke together protected by Batman:
 [Image: 20161228_152114_zpsqkct926t.jpg]
2008 Bolivar, 2010 Montecristo Open Master (Never Smoked One), 2009 Por Larranaga and 2014 Hoyo De Monterrey
All stogies that one doesn't smoke that often.

[Image: 20161228_152801_zpsrwbshlng.jpg]
An old Dunhill Match Box cover.
[Image: 20161228_152838_zps40dz9ptu.jpg]

A friendship cup (Quaich) for Chris & Jess:
[Image: 20161228_152333_zpspmtatjki.jpg]
Scotland's cup of Friendship, I have a smaller one like this and a travel one.

A Flask for Chris containing 30 year old Scotch to be shared with the Mum. Wink
[Image: 20161228_152631_zps9sl5atp4.jpg]
This is special stuff as it's not only limited but it will take another 30 years  before it will be consumed by a human. Dave knew he couldn't send a bottle as customs would have enjoyed it
so he came up with this genius way & it worked.

And chocolates for the ladies:
[Image: 20161228_152509_zpsbkremt8y.jpg]

I called Dave yesterday and spoke to him voice to voice, located him at some bar (figures).
Always a pleasure my friend.. And thank you again..

They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Awesome!!!
Great stuff!!!
This is my boomstick!
Awesome hit Dave. Great stuff and obviously from the heart.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Wow - awesome!!!

WOW!!!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Congrats!
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
It's one of those things really .... the Mums are always there for us.

I've had letters informing me that bottles of whisky have been destroyed by customs and that I'm being charged for the return shipping fees, however, where there's a will there's a way.

I like trying to pop a cigar or two that Jimmie may not have tried and I like to add cigars that we have shared in the past

The match book case is a Dunhill item from c1960 ... good tobacconist shops sold these to suited gentlemen as a back up for when their lighters would run out of gas during an evening out ... I know Jimmie has some tobbaciana in his collection and thought this would be a great addition.

The whisky is a Glenglassaugh 30yr old.

The distillery has reopened recently (2013) and during the refurbishment a couple of casks were discovered ... there have been 2 releases of the 30 yr old whisky from them .... between my buddy and I we are on our 4th bottle... we have one left each.

Once the current batch is finished there will not be another 30yr for ... well .. 30yrs.

The Quaich .... Jimmie and Chris know what to do with it when the time is right

And chocolate for the ladies ... because.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
[Image: caca2e8c3c913f408470a02ed51feed9.jpg]

The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Shhhh ... don't mention Batman ... Gunner, Jimmie and Chris know why