Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montecristo Reserva Negra
So I walk into the B&M and was handed one of these right off the bat! I was commanded to take it and sit back and try it and report back since this a fairly new stick to the shop. Well I am just about done and these are my findings,

Montegristo Reserva Negra

Size- Churchill 7.00x56

Wrapper-Mex

Binder-Nic

Filler-Hon/Nic

Color-Dark Brown(maduro)

Strength- Medium

Pre Light- This cigar is Beautiful with a maduro wrapper and very small. Contruction is as good as it gets. This cigar is heavy with no soft spots.

Toasting- Very lovely smell. Toasting gave hints of  carmel and coco with a sweet aroma.

1/3- as I am start smoking this cigar I find that there are suttle hint of the coco as mentioned in the toasting with a very slight note of spice. The strength is more of a mild than medium

2/3- the cigar starts to come alive. There are hints of moca and a little heavier hint of pepper and yet there is still the sweet aroma. Burn line is fairly consistant to this point. Strength is a medium.

Finish- From the 2/3 to now there was two corrections that needed to be made to the burn line as ther was one side that did not leep up witht the rest. As i am getting closer to the end of a somewhat pleasent smoking experiance, the cigar kind of looses the moca and i find that there is more of the peppery and lots of nicotine for the BIG Finish.

Ash- As is a darker gray and very flakey. The ash was not as stiff as i would like it to have been. There were a few times that the ash (1/2") that fell off on it's own.

Burn- was good from 1/3rd to 2/3rds. After the 2/3rd mark there was some corrections that was needed.

Draw- Was just about right. Not too loose, and not too tight.

Cost Average- $10 to $12 a stick (depending on where you buy from)

Smoking time- 1hr 53 minutes.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt