Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montecristo Media Noche
This is my first "review" so I will do my best...

I've been waiting to try this one for a long time and my patience was rewarded.  Smile

I had a cup of 100% Kona coffee with cream and sugar with her

Here's what she looks like:

[Image: 100_1744.jpg]

[Image: 100_1747.jpg]

Pre-lite tasting reminded me of Redman or Levi Garret - I was not looking forward to a sweat smoke.  I was in the mood for something with a little kick or punch

Once she was lite, she provided a bit of spice on the draw - which was smooth; nice flavor (I can't really explain flavors...some people can say their cigar tastes leathery or nutty...I have yet been able to figure that one out) and a bit of bite on the finish - exactly what I was looking for.  [thumbsup] 

She burned very evenly throughout and produced a nice white ash:

[Image: 100_1761.jpg]

It wasn't until the last 1/2" that I couldn't smoke her anymore...she got rather bitter at that point and decided to call it quits.

Overall, I was very happy with this cigar.  I got 5 of them, smoked this one, gave one away, leaving me with 3.  I'm going to smoke the last 3 in 6 moth increments just to see what the outcome is.

[Image: 100_1763.jpg]

Nice.   Ive been on the fence with trying out a 5'er of these for quite some time.   I recently just (re)discovered the montecristo classics, and they have been working themselves into my favorites.

Anyone know if someone sells a classic/noche/white/platinum sampler?
Great review Paul.  I really want to try one.  My rep was at my shop and I gifted him a cigar and he thought he had one of these for me.  Turned out he did not.  But soon!
This is how I got mine: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-PT3 - I bought the 2 CAO's and got the 5 pack for "free"...supposedly...
Vitamin G Wrote:Nice.   Ive been on the fence with trying out a 5'er of these for quite some time.   I recently just (re)discovered the Montecristo classics, and they have been working themselves into my favorites.

Anyone know if someone sells a classic/noche/white/platinum sampler?
Montecristo belongs to Altadis USA, you might have some luck by contacting them: http://www.altadisusa.com/index2.asp