Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montecristo Edmundo
Had my 2nd Edmundo tonight.  Still have three left in my humidor.  Both of these have let me down in terms of flavor.  I think they are just boring.  I love the size, I love the possibility, but these have not gotten the job done.  I hope the last 3 get the job done.
That is disappointing, but I think this cigar has some great potential... bury the 3 you have left and forget about them as long as you can (a year+ if you can manage)... then see how they are.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
I think that's pretty much what I'm going to have to do.  They're still young, from August 2005.  So, giving them some more time can only help.
mine are smoking great!  Dont give up on them!
madurodave Wrote:mine are smoking great!  Dont give up on them!
I agree.  I just finished my box over the weekend.  The box sitting in the coolerdor will be cracked open soon.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
I understand that Monte made a blend change shortly after introducing them to the market based upon the feeling that the first attempts were too bland. I understand that the new blend is wonderful. Not sure of date change.
Blend change was around August-September 05 by the look of this thread.

I have had a few of these in the past, and I'm sure "Darkster" from the old SC board sent one over to IC in a bomb as well, I must admit that I found them to be a bit of a let down compared to a #4, I thought they were going to be more of that oh so good flavours you get with the 4, but in a bigger package that allowed it to develop more.

But, No. It was more of the same for the whole stick, and I can only put it down to it being far too young. I have to agree with the guys here that it is not a cigar to give up on, and a minimum of a year of age should make a big difference to the experiance............or at least that is what I am hoping.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Parkster is correct Darkster did send one...I did not know it was an Edmund.  It was agood cigar but very mild to me.
Irishcelt Wrote:Parkster is correct he did send one...I did not know it was an Edmund.  It was agood cigar but very mild to me.
If I know Darkster, he's probably lurking and would send you a year old one to re-assess the stick when the time come's. Wink
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
I scored one yesterday, a gift for doing some "work" in Canada.