Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montecristo #1?
Has anyone ever tried it? It is an incredibly long smoke with a ring gauge about the size of a #4. I am just curious as to what people think of it.
(10-26-2011, 02:06 AM)Macleod Wrote: Has anyone ever tried it? It is an incredibly long smoke with a ring gauge about the size of a #4. I am just curious as to what people think of it.

Not this one, I tried the Yellow #2 and it was a whole disappointment. No, flavor at all. The construction, burn and draw was good but other than that, nah. I paid $13 for this one and I don't think I will ever try another one. It proved to me that just because of the high price is doesn't mean is gonna be a good cigar. Sad
Computer Problems? Have Cigars? We got you!

We will be offering our services for a box of cigars to all Stogiechat members!

www.va-itsolutions.com
info@va-itsolutions.com
I have, though the samples I had were aged.

It is a Lonsdale (vitola: Cervantes) at about 6-1/2" x 42

I liked them - more so than the No.4 for the extra complexity and more well-rounded overall flavor profile, but at the same time I didn't run out and buy a couple of boxes either...

That's my 2 cents FWIW... Smile

(10-26-2011, 12:50 PM)erikfig Wrote: I tried the Yellow #2 and it was a disappointment.

Did it leave a taste of pencil wood? Rolleyes

[Image: b84f2eef.jpg]
(10-26-2011, 06:06 PM)The542 Wrote:
(10-26-2011, 12:50 PM)erikfig Wrote: I tried the Yellow #2 and it was a disappointment.

Did it leave a taste of pencil wood? Rolleyes

I could not say it better myself! Smile

Computer Problems? Have Cigars? We got you!

We will be offering our services for a box of cigars to all Stogiechat members!

www.va-itsolutions.com
info@va-itsolutions.com
I have had this one since about 2001 in the humidor. I think after the conversion then, I paid $40 for it, but that could have been the total for several cigars. The number stuck in my head, but I don't remember what it represents. It was in Monaco, so I am subject to believe that it was for the one cigar, which would also be why I onlu bought one. I am planning on saving it for a special occasion, wedding, child birth, but seeing as neither have occurred I guess I have some more time to think about it. Hopefully whenever I do smoke it, it will be good.
(10-27-2011, 02:50 AM)Macleod Wrote: I have had this one since about 2001 in the humidor. I think after the conversion then, I paid $40 for it, but that could have been the total for several cigars. The number stuck in my head, but I don't remember what it represents. It was in Monaco, so I am subject to believe that it was for the one cigar, which would also be why I only bought one. I am planning on saving it for a special occasion, wedding, child birth, but seeing as neither have occurred I guess I have some more time to think about it. Hopefully whenever I do smoke it, it will be good.

If you save it for a special occasion, you will probably be distracted by the other stuff that's going on, so smoke it for the hell of it during a quiet time or with a few friends. You'll enjoy it much more.

Maytag is on the money with his description. Develops better than the Monte 4, but takes much longer to smoke, and there are others in this size class I prefer much more.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
I love the #4.