Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mold
Maduro PiPs Wrote:what about white mold? small little spots of white mold that wipe off easily? Not Plume...

I noticed this on a handful of Sharks recently....So I wiped them off and left them out of the cello just in case anything was left in the cello I couldnt see. Also a few had spots on the foot. Very minor overall and wiped off easily.

Any cigars with the WHITE mold should be sent to the Detection/Disposal Center in Atlanta. They will determine whether or not the substance is actually mold or not, and what type: fungali terminus or fungal smokemupus. Testing results will be mailed back.

As luck would have it, I personally know one of the testers. He'll do a good job for ya Mario. Wink
Maduro PiPs Wrote:what about white mold? small little spots of white mold that wipe off easily? Not Plume...

I noticed this on a handful of Sharks recently....So I wiped them off and left them out of the cello just in case anything was left in the cello I couldnt see. Also a few had spots on the foot. Very minor overall and wiped off easily.
brush it off outside... then wipe it down & finally quarantine it. Believe me, there is no way you removed all the mold and spores. Putting this stick back in your humidor is asking for trouble. So put it in a Tupperware or something until you smoke it.
Ok guys....good info...especially from you Bob! Smile

But I was too late with the wiping off...already did it inside...but I have done this many times in the past. But concerning the smokes, can they stil age properly? I left them in the orginal box in my rubberdor. They are on the top layer without cello, laying on the other sharks IN CELLO on the bottom layer....
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Maduro PiPs Wrote:Ok guys....good info...especially from you Bob! Smile

But I was too late with the wiping off...already did it inside...but I have done this many times in the past. But concerning the smokes, can they stil age properly? I left them in the orginal box in my rubberdor. They are on the top layer without cello, laying on the other sharks IN CELLO on the bottom layer....

Only trying to help a brother out. Wink

I don't usually have a problem with this anymore, but when I did, I would segregate anything with mold. Since you cant's see the spores, I never wanted to take a chance. If you have already wiped them off, I'd put them in a separate vessel & lower the humidity to not more than 62%. The just proceed as normal.

yeah...I usually never have these issues...but this was kind of a Fuente issue this year and I was told to look out for this. I didnt see anything when the box came in...but I guess it was hiding at that point. Cause all of these boxes went into the same rubberdor at 65% RH. So it wasn't my conditions...but many people have seen mold with this year's Holiday Stuff.

So in the end though, you would be happy Bob. Cause this very box came from the vendor that jerked you with your Anejos... But dont get me wrong...the mold was little to none...but i saw it and stopped it quick...
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
there is no way you removed all the mold spores. I would think aging is not possible. Storing will be hard enough. Also the mold alters the taste. You will taste it and while it is ok, it isn't great...