Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micro Brewers Faced With Hops Shortage to Raise Beer Prices, Alter Recipes
Micro Brewers Faced With Hops Shortage to Raise Beer Prices, Alter Recipes

SUNNYSIDE, Wash.  â€”  Fans of Snipes Mountain Brewery's cloudy Hefeweizen relish the subtle wheat flavor of the bright, summery brew, and like beer drinkers everywhere, they know when their favorite brew tastes a little too hoppy or bitter.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,305638,00.html
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
this is rough. and with all the taxes they throw on top of beer, it gets ridiculous.
"Now the bright spot in the brewing industry is facing mounting costs on nearly every front. Fuel, aluminum and glass prices have been going up quickly over a period of several years. Barley and wheat prices have skyrocketed as more farmers plant corn to meet increasing demand for ethanol, while others plant feed crops to replace acres lost to corn."

Now mind you I think as green as the next guy, but this is another of the mounting evidence that this Ethanol for Autos hype is a giant Load.

Now they are messing with my beer! Sad

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
yeah, started to see this on the homebrew font as well.  A lot of hop variaties are not available in whole hops, and I imagine will not be until next growing season.  Pellets I guess are stocked more and not quite as sensative to this, so a little time before it impacts that part.
LC stogiechat homebrew gnome Wrote:yeah, started to see this on the homebrew font as well.  A lot of hop variaties are not available in whole hops, and I imagine will not be until next growing season.  Pellets I guess are stocked more and not quite as sensative to this, so a little time before it impacts that part.
Yeah, it's getting pretty bad.  Gotta stock up while the prices arent sky high right now.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:
LC stogiechat homebrew gnome Wrote:yeah, started to see this on the homebrew font as well.  A lot of hop variaties are not available in whole hops, and I imagine will not be until next growing season.  Pellets I guess are stocked more and not quite as sensative to this, so a little time before it impacts that part.
Yeah, it's getting pretty bad.  Gotta stock up while the prices arent sky high right now.

Didn't someone get a pallet of these shipped to them.
[Image: hops3.jpg]

This is what you guys need to plant in the back yard next year.
[Image: HopsAll99.jpg]

[Image: NuggetHops1.jpg]

[Image: hops2.jpg]

[Image: hops2.jpg]

[Image: hops_bines.jpg]

[Image: hops1.jpg]
I just got 3 lbs shipped to me and I have my name on the list for a few plants when they come out in April so I'll be able to grow my own.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Are these plants able to grow here in NE?If so i'll grow some too.Then you'll have more hops then you know what to do with.
Yeah they can grow here from April to Sept, but from what I understand they first year they don't produce hops, it takes 2-3 years to get a good harvest.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:Yeah they can grow here from April to Sept, but from what I understand they first year they don't produce hops, it takes 2-3 years to get a good harvest.
Where do you get the plants from?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles