Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maduro Cohibas?
Interesting read on things to come.  Anyone know more about this?

NEW COHIBAS FROM HAVANA AND SANTIAGO

Both lines to feature maduro wrappers!

Los Angeles, July 3 – With the wild gyrations of the U.S. cigar market creating new brands and new shapes all the time, the cigar portfolio of Habanos S.A. seems stoic.

No new handmade brand has debuted since 1999 with San Cristobal de la Habana. There are new Edicion Limitadas every year, but the 2006 class was a repeat of some members of the first group, issued in 2000.

So it was with considerable fanfare that, following the end of the annual marketing conference held with its worldwide distributors on June 26-28, Habanos S.A. announced that a new line of Cohiba cigars would be introduced at the 2007 Festival del Habano!

The “third line” of the Cohiba brand – after the Linea Classica from 1982 and the Linea 1492 or “Siglo” series from 1992 – will feature Cohibas with maduro wrappers, rarely seen in Cuban cigars produced after nationalization.

This new line follows on the wild acclaim for the Cohiba Sublime, a 6 3/8-inch by 54-ring toro with a maduro wrapper introduced as a member of the Edicion Limitada line for 2004. This cigar has been widely praised and Habanos will now produce a maduro line although the number of shapes and details on sizes are still to come.

However, the announcement gave Habanos an opportunity to pat itself on the back for its production methods for maduro wrappers. According to a statement, “Unlike other Maduro wrappers from other origins, that include artificial processes to force the color of the wrappers, the process for obtaining Cuban Maduro Wrappers is 100% natural.”

The program for maduro wrapper development has been ongoing for some time and all of the maduro wrapper leaf will have been aged for at least two years, but on the Cohiba line, all of the wrappers will be at least five years old “for maintaining the coherence with the international leadership of said brand.”

Since the 2007 release will coincide with the 25-year anniversary of the worldwide debut of the brand in honor of the 1982 FIFA World Cup in Spain, will it be called the “Linea Futbol”? Unlikely . . . perhaps “Linea Espana” might be more appropriate.

Habanos S.A. also confirmed its Edicion Limitada brands for 2007: Hoyo de Monterrey, Romeo y Julieta and Trinidad, although sizes were not announced. Beginning with these releases, all tobacco in the Edicion Limitada line will have been aged for two years. Up to now, only the wrapper leaves were aged a minimum of two years.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
 Yeah I heard about this. I bet the yare just going to release a regular edition Cohiba with an EL wrapper.
This will be interesting to watch and see what develops.    [cigar]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Very cool.  Hopefully they will not be an arm and a leg as I can only afford either or. Tongue
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Did some one say Maduro?  Smile