Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macallan 10 Year or Glenlivet 12
I'm usually not a Scotch guy but have been looking at these because of all the scotch intake here. They are the only 2 they have. I use a snifter for everything and go for the taste instead of drinking mixed drinks. I just made my semi annual sipping bourbon buy yesterday and noticed these. What are you thoughts? Thanks

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

To me the Glenlivet is a good starter scotch. I drink it once and a while but not very often. I find it does not have anything that sticks out to me. Not tried the 10 year MaCallan but do enjoy the 15 year. Between the two it would be a hard decision. If you want to try something with more character I can get so much here except miniatures. If you go off what Peter Jackson thinks the Glenlivet scores a 85 and the MaCallan scores an 87.
I like them both but Mac is the expert regarding this stuff.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Love glenlivet. Maclean is good too. Oban, skippers rec, is very good
(09-06-2012, 05:21 PM)tafdom Wrote: I'm usually not a Scotch guy but have been looking at these because of all the scotch intake here. They are the only 2 they have. I use a snifter for everything and go for the taste instead of drinking mixed drinks. I just made my semi annual sipping bourbon buy yesterday and noticed these. What are you thoughts? Thanks

What bourbon did you pick up? I wouldn't know, but maybe that will give these guys some hints as to what you like?
Taf, for the same scratch, go with Oban.
If it must be between those 2... I would chose the GL, but only by the narrowest of margins.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(09-07-2012, 01:31 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: Taf, for the same scratch, go with Oban.
If it must be between those 2... I would chose the GL, but only by the narrowest of margins.

Agreed!!!
(09-07-2012, 07:21 PM)NickDrista Wrote:
(09-07-2012, 01:31 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: Taf, for the same scratch, go with Oban.

Agreed!!!

+2
(09-07-2012, 08:22 AM)Magnum PI Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 05:21 PM)tafdom Wrote: I'm usually not a Scotch guy but have been looking at these because of all the scotch intake here. They are the only 2 they have. I use a snifter for everything and go for the taste instead of drinking mixed drinks. I just made my semi annual sipping bourbon buy yesterday and noticed these. What are you thoughts? Thanks

What bourbon did you pick up? I wouldn't know, but maybe that will give these guys some hints as to what you like?

I'll see if they can order the Oban. Thanks

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Woozers