Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like my Cigar Oasis XL Plus has died
Its still worth a shot. Mine was probably 7-8 years old when I called them. Keep us updated. I'll look for mine. If they say no, I'd try to take it apart and see if you can see anything noticeably wrong. Maybe a little corrosion on the board or some build up that simply needs cleaned. My theory is always you can't break it again.
(12-04-2014, 09:37 PM)scott81425 Wrote: If you don't have luck with that I may still have that unit somewhere and could send it to ya if I can find it. I switched to a hydra many moons ago.

Do you like the Hydra?  How is it?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
In the summer it works great. Love the extra fans. They're not very reliable, but they're cheap. I probably replace them annually. In the summertime, the environment in my house is probably much close to yours year round. I run a swamp cooler, actually adds some humidity in the house. In the winter, the hydra can't keep up. Humidity in the house is crazy low, and it just can't do it. So I add jars of the gel to help it out. Overall, I like it. If I had to do it again, I'd upgrade to the bigger one, but the little one does its best.
I found out that their headquarters/warehouse is very close to me...about 10 minutes away....so I called, just to see what the error code actually means.  A nice woman answered the phone & told me that the error code means there is a power problem, either in the connection, or on the board. 

They did offer to give me a 20% discount if I wanted to order a new unit (the Oasis Plus), but the price on that was $139 before the discount.  I'm going to check out the prices elsewhere on  line...and also the price of a Hydra unit with a couple of fans.  If the prices are too high, I'll have to save some $$ and go for a unit from Bob Staebell.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Take it apart and spray some contact cleaner everywhere. Might just start with the contacts where the connector plugs in.