Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local B&M's
Hey guys/gals,

I was thinking about the B&M's all across the US that, if while traveling i could visit. This would also be helpfull to others that may be in the area, maybe on vacation or business. Please give your thoughts about the local shop. I would like to compile a list for future reference.

JR's in Statesville NC

Exit 50 off I-77

JR's in Statesville is a Great place to visit, if noting but to shoot the Bull. With this place being right off the interstate there are always a lot of out of towners in there picking up a few sticks/boxes while on vacation or during their traveling for business. I have meet several Great people there from all over and have had a chance to strick up a conversation and get to know them. The staff is Awesome! There is not a time that I go in that I dont walk out in a good mood from the joking and carrying on. 

JR's has a wide aray of sticks to try while onsite and a wonderfull lounge to sit, smoke, drink coffee, and meet people from all over. The store is a LARGE humi with several cigar store Indians, humi's, accessories, and let's not forget about the cigars. They usualy have a cigar of the week that is half the normal price. he sales associates are normal people that will help, give advice and become like family. There are a few sales associates that know there stuff and some that are brand new that are still learning.

I can't say that i have ever had a bad visit the entire time that I've been going there. So if your ever there, stop in and say that I sent you.[cigar2]
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

thanks for the tip.[thumbsup]  I used to buy from their online store all the time.  I still buy the consuegras from there.  Have you ever tried one of those?
I been stopping there on my trips down south for 20 years. [thumbsup]
madurodave Wrote:thanks for the tip.[thumbsup]  I used to buy from their online store all the time.  I still buy the consuegras from there.  Have you ever tried one of those?
I have had one about a month ago, and it wasn't bad at all. i think that these are some factory seconds for macanodo or motecristo?. the price is not bad either.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

If you are in the Raleigh area I would suggest Empire Cigars on Strickland road in Raleigh, Tobacconists of Cary on the corner of Salem street and the Cary Parkway, or Tinderbox in the Crabtree mall.  Each of these stores has helpful, friendly staff and well stocked humidors.  I put them in order of which ones I think were superior judging by stock of cigars and condition of the stock.  If you need directions PM me -if you are close enough to try to find these stores... we need to herf!!!
Mark71GTX Wrote:If you are in the Raleigh area I would suggest Empire Cigars on Strickland road in Raleigh, Tobacconists of Cary on the corner of Salem street and the Cary Parkway, or Tinderbox in the Crabtree mall.  Each of these stores has helpful, friendly staff and well stocked humidors.  I put them in order of which ones I think were superior judging by stock of cigars and condition of the stock.  If you need directions PM me -if you are close enough to try to find these stores... we need to herf!!!
speaking of good service, most of you probably know how Hal hooked me up big time for the El cobre box split, and hes now doing a special hunt for a special cigar for a good friend of mine.  no questions asked, i felt like i was asking a my brother when i talked to him. 
Alright, if your in Marietta, Ga.  Stop by and see John at WiseAsh.  His selection is good, and he's a great BOTL.  And likewise, if your close enough to get there, PM me, cause that's my home shop, and I'll be more than happy to meet you there for a smoke.  Great lounge, and John tries to stock all the regular smokes, the go too's, and also likes to have Ash Worthy cigars, little known smokes that he enjoys and sells that other shops might not, or don't, have.  So far, he's been dead on.  I've enjoyed everything he has suggested.

I should also note that in that area you'll hear of another store, The Cigar Superstore, formerly Tobacco World of Marietta.  Now if selection and price is your only concern, this is your store, HUGE humi, awesome selection, and prices on the regularly available stuff is great.  The only downside is the atmosphere.  Unless your there everyday, you kinda feel like an outsider.  While in the humi, your watched, they try to make it un-noticeable, but  they fail miserably, and they are almost put out by you asking questions.  Basicly, great selection and prices, but customer service sucks.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
And for those of you who do not know who he is talking about - Hal runs Empire Cigars - the 1st on my list...Cool
A couple of others here in Atlanta to mention...

Ole Stogie in Lawrenceville, small but growing selection, big on atmosphere & friendliness...

And Blue Havana II in Alpharetta, Jim has a great selection and is a wonderful host...
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
stogiedad.1 Wrote:Hey guys/gals,

I was thinking about the B&M's all across the US that, if while traveling i could visit. This would also be helpfull to others that may be in the area, maybe on vacation or business. Please give your thoughts about the local shop. I would like to compile a list for future reference.

JR's in Statesville NC

Exit 50 off I-77

JR's in Statesville is a Great place to visit, if noting but to shoot the Bull. With this place being right off the interstate there are always a lot of out of towners in there picking up a few sticks/boxes while on vacation or during their traveling for business. I have meet several Great people there from all over and have had a chance to strick up a conversation and get to know them. The staff is Awesome! There is not a time that I go in that I dont walk out in a good mood from the joking and carrying on. 

JR's has a wide aray of sticks to try while onsite and a wonderfull lounge to sit, smoke, drink coffee, and meet people from all over. The store is a LARGE humi with several cigar store Indians, humi's, accessories, and let's not forget about the cigars. They usualy have a cigar of the week that is half the normal price. he sales associates are normal people that will help, give advice and become like family. There are a few sales associates that know there stuff and some that are brand new that are still learning.

I can't say that i have ever had a bad visit the entire time that I've been going there. So if your ever there, stop in and say that I sent you.[cigar2]
OK Here goes...

When in Danbury, Ct., Newton, Ct.,  & Gaylordsville (New MIlford), Ct. please visit Buttheads.  I frequent Danbury and Kevin who is the owner is great.  He has a huge selection & turns over a lot of product so you know it's fresh.  If you can't find it in Danbury, it's not worth looking for.

When on Long Island, It has to be The Stogie.  Many SC BOTL's have met at events there and Harry & Chris who run the establishment are Top Notch. 

If you are in NJ and on Route 17 north, stop by JR's in Paramus.  They have another location in Whippany on Route 10.

I am sure there are more in NYC and in NJ as well, but I will let my SC brethren who have a better knowledge fill in.

cheers,

Ross