Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lights out!!
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:Usually, running water won't freeze & burst your water pipes.

Ah! Of course.

Bobgun Wrote:Dea's OK. They got power before we did. Still alot of people around without power though and they are getting edgy! (and smelly without a hot shower).
We were very thankful that we have a gas water heater.
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:Usually, running water won't freeze & burst your water pipes.
it will, but will provide an outlet for the expansion. Usually doing this may help to avoid a busted pipe. Usually or sometimes. And yes, it is true that it will be harder to freeze as a fresh source of warmer water is constantly flowing through.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
it will, but will provide an outlet for the expansion. Usually doing this may help to avoid a busted pipe. Usually or sometimes. And yes, it is true that it will be harder to freeze as a fresh source of warmer water is constantly flowing through
My builder told us that we had some sort of new plastic piping in the house that will expand if frozen and it would be very unlikley that we would ever get a busted pipe. I checked it out and it looks like good stuff. The pipe going to my house is outside and completley frozen and you can see how it bulges out and expands.....gotta love technology lol.
Tfire136 Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
it will, but will provide an outlet for the expansion. Usually doing this may help to avoid a busted pipe. Usually or sometimes. And yes, it is true that it will be harder to freeze as a fresh source of warmer water is constantly flowing through
My builder told us that we had some sort of new plastic piping in the house that will expand if frozen and it would be very unlikley that we would ever get a busted pipe. I checked it out and it looks like good stuff. The pipe going to my house is outside and completley frozen and you can see how it bulges out and expands.....gotta love technology lol.

Tommy, I dont know if it's the same stuff, but I built a sink outside so I can clean fish and used this special freeze-burst-proof pipe. It works, except the joints blow apart (everyplace I put in an elbow, tee or other connection.)

Also, I have had the feed tubes blow apart form the expansion pressure.

I now take special care to drain the system completely using a compressor to blow it out dry.