Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lights out!!
Damn we had one hell of a wind storm the other night. Knocked out power all over the state of Washington!! I ended up driving 3 hours to Portland Oregon to get the last generator that Sears had on the entire West coast lol. I bought it for 750$ and had some guy offer me 2 grand for it......I told him no thanks Smile . I ended up going with 5600Watts. I had me neighbor come over and rig something up and my entire house is running as if the lights never went out. The major thing was to get my furnace, refigerator, and freezer going and I have had no problems at all. The generator has a digital display of  how much available power it has used and it has not left 10% all day. At least it is more comfortable for now....should have power back in the morning.
Holy Chit Tfire.  In all the rush of holidays and SS forgot all about you and that damn storm.  Be safe brother.

We'll have Santa send Rudolph if need be.

Is it as bad as the news is making it out to be?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
No Kidding, I hope everything is okay.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
I feel your pain, Tony.  Until you're without it, we never realize how much we 1) rely on electricity and 2) take it for granted. 

After this is all over, don't ever sell that generator.  It's a cheap insurance policy.  And check your manual for how often to change the oil.  Most people have no idea how often the oil needs to be changed in one of those things.

Hope your power's restored soon.

Headley Wrote:Holy Chit Tfire.  In all the rush of holidays and SS forgot all about you and that damn storm.  Be safe brother.

We'll have Santa send Rudolph if need be.

Is it as bad as the news is making it out to be?
Yes it is!! Looks like a tornado went through here. I me and the neighbors are still unning our generators comfortably.....thank God we have our furnaces. It is supposed to get down to 13 degrees tonight and there is only 3 of us with power on th block.
BuffaloBill Wrote:I feel your pain, Tony.  Until you're without it, we never realize how much we 1) rely on electricity and 2) take it for granted. 

After this is all over, don't ever sell that generator.  It's a cheap insurance policy.  And check your manual for how often to change the oil.  Most people have no idea how often the oil needs to be changed in one of those things.

Hope your power's restored soon.
I hear ya! i am from Tonawanda and my mom and dad and family are still there and they sent pictures of the storm you guys had. That generators is A) indeed a very cheap insurance policy and B) a really cool toy to play with Smile lol. My home is 2300 square feet and 4 bedrooms. The only thing I am not running right now in the entire house is the guest bedroom, the babies bedroom (she is sleeping with us), and the guest bathroom. Everything else is good to go. Its actually a pretty amazing machine.......I definitley worked to get the damn thing lol
man... I live on Long Island... All of our power lines are on telephone poles above ground. And lots of trees. Some days if a squirel farts it seems the tree moves enough to snap a line. Power failures here are too common. So I know the hardship.

Stay warm, keep the food cold, 13 degrees!Confusedhock: keep your pipes from freezing (even your personal pipe!)... Good luck brother. I hope your power comes back soon and on one was hurt.
definately remember to drip all of your faucets. 
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:definately remember to drip all of your faucets. 
depends
sucked not having power back in october, went 3 days till we go a generator, than didn't have internet acces or cable for a week.