Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liga Privada Único Serie Papas Papas Fritas
Papas Fritas

So given all of the hype around these things, I had to see what the big deal was. Everywhere seems to be sold out. Nobody local had anything in stock. It's pandemonium... These things are like a $6.00 Fuente Opus X in terms of availability. If someone does have them, they seem to be sold through in a day or two.

So rather than rest on my laurels I went ahead and bought an entire box when the opportunity presented itself.

[Image: IMG_1901_zps6a348284.jpg]

7 tins of 4 cigars each. Either I will enjoy them, or pass them on to a few fellow BOTL if they aren't to my liking, right?

------------------------

The cigars showed up yesterday (pics immediately posted to the Cigar P0RN thread), and I decided to give them a night in the humi to rest before firing one up. Today when I finished up things at the office I came right home to see what all the fuss was about.

[Image: IMG_1904_zps14386083.jpg]

Lots of cedar and pepper in the initial draws. Coffee and a leathery pepper kick throughout, with a subtle sweet toffee flavor on the finish that just kinda crept up on me. Overall a fantastically enjoyable cigar. I think that there are a lot of great small cigars out there around this price point, but it definitely did not disappoint. Smoked it right down to the nub and it was enjoyable to the last puff. Overall, a powerful punch in a little cigar.

[Image: IMG_1907_zps511fa1ba.jpg]

I can say that if I did not know that this was a mixed filler cigar, I would not have been able to discern it while smoking. The construction is impeccable, and the draw/burn/flavor are all very consistent. It is worth the effort in tracking them down, and I can say that as long as they're making them, I will always have some on hand.
Glad you enjoyed it, nice review!!!
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
I wanted to try them but i cant find them
Great review and pics, thanks!
This is my boomstick!
Thanks for the review.
--Mike

(01-09-2013, 09:15 AM)wtfdic Wrote: Thanks for the review.

Have you tried it yet Mike?
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
Nice review and pics, I am trying to find some locally, not in the market to purchase a whole box, but a tin or 2 would be nice...hopefully in the near future.
Gangsta
Thanks for the great review, they sound excellent. I'm a big fan of Liga's, I'll have to see if I can find a tin and give them a try.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.