Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lenten Meals?
For those who practice Lent and refrain from meat on Fridays, what's on the menu today? I went with some white pizza on Ash Wednesday, and likely going with peppers & eggs tonight. Anyway, I thought I'd start a thread to get some ideas (instead of eating fish every meal Undecided) for the other Fridays, seeing how we have 6 more weeks of this.
Wednesday we had really nice tuna salads,
and tonight will be pizza (jalapenos, onions, and mushrooms on my half)
This is my boomstick!
Pizza with onions and peppers for dinner, Eggs for breakfast and tuna fish for lunch.

When I was working I gave up drinking for the 47 days (yea, nothing on Sunday for the Mum). That was rough especially when seeing my good friend Kuma-San for lunch. He gave me a virgin bloody mary and it was still excellent.

Nice thread Pete
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(02-19-2010, 11:22 AM)EvilAsh Wrote: Wednesday we had really nice tuna salads,
and tonight will be pizza (jalapenos, onions, and mushrooms on my half)

Good call. I went with tuna salad for lunch on Wednesday, as well as today. Had I planned better, I would've went with pasta tonight instead of last night.
(02-19-2010, 11:23 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: When I was working I gave up drinking for the 47 days (yea, nothing on Sunday for the Mum). That was rough especially when seeing my good friend Kuma-San for lunch. He gave me a virgin bloody mary and it was still excellent.

I gave up drinking a few years back (when I drank far more in quantity and in frequency than I do now). This time around, it's the same as last year - chocolate. It's tougher. Angry
Had seafood paella this past Friday night. Was outstanding.
(02-22-2010, 09:40 AM)Magnum PI Wrote: Had seafood paella this past Friday night. Was outstanding.

Mmmm, that sounds great!
This is my boomstick!
Had to eat on the run last night. Forgot how pitiful the Filet-O-Fish has become. Undecided
On Friday, my lovely wife made lentil tacos, with fresh guacamole......DELICIOUS!
This is my boomstick!
Wow, I need to start looking around more on SC I just now seen this Post.
On friday's we usually do the pizza, fish or simple pasta and gravy.

Pete I do agree with you, last friday the wife and I were in the truck with the kids and had to stop through the drive-through for a Filet-o-Fish because everyone was getting hungry, it held us over thats about it.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
Tomorrow is going to be New England Clam Chowder for lunch, and we're still working on what to have for dinner. Tilapia with a fresh parmesan/bread crumb topping is sounding like the direction we're going Smile
This is my boomstick!