Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop guys
I have a prob with a laptop bat I bought and is under warranty. It dies when unpluged. They sent me this to try. Is it BS and them just stalling? I have tried 1 and 2 and I still don't have a clue on what to do with 3 and on. Can anyone explain #3 easier to understand?

Hi Terry,

We’re sorry to know that you’re having problems with the battery. We will be happy to take your item back for a replacement however since you have the battery, please try the following fix first:

1. Try another adapter if possible and plug it into the laptop. Observe the battery indicator light on your laptop. If the light turns on; it's time to get a new adapter. Get in touch with your laptop vendor.

2. If step #1 does not work, turn of your system and try taking out the battery; then wait for 5 minutes. Plug it in and turn on your system. Plug in your power adapter and observe.

3. Flash your system BIOS. Simply get the latest BIOS driver from your laptop manufacturer's website and run the setup. The system will reboot, update the BIOS and restart.

4. Calibrate your battery. As a general rule, you should calibrate your battery every month or two to keep it running in top form.

To calibrate your laptop’s battery:

a. Plug your laptop in and let it charge completely (your battery icon in the menu bar will be completely full and the charger’s connector light turns green).

b. Keep the laptop plugged in for another two hours (after it is fully charged).

c. Disconnect your laptop from power. Use it until it falls asleep from low battery.

d. Turn off the laptop and let it “rest” for about five hours.

e. Plug your laptop back in and let it fully charge.

It is completely fine to use your laptop during all of these steps (except, of course, when the computer is asleep).Calibrating your laptop battery every few months is a great way to ensure you get the longest life out of it.

If neither of the fix works for you, please send the battery back to the address that we have provided below. Kindly mark your order number (66871) clearly on the outside of your return along with the word “replacement” next to it and the reason for return. We will send you the replacement as soon as we received the item.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

step 4 is quite funny. You sent them a complaint telling them it wont charge... Step 4a says to charge it fully.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
#3 is telling you to upgrade your BIOS from the manufacturer. What kind of lap top is it? You will need to get onto their website and get the upgrade if one if available.
sounds fairly standard
No Justice, No Peace!
Yes, sounds like the standard "i dont want to deal with the paperwork, so here's a canned response that when none of it works, you'll call/email back in and hopefully not get me" roulette....that most it guys use.

Especially #3. Cause we all know that the bios does so much for charging the battery.....
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
It's a dell d600 Jim gave me. So is flashing the system BIOS BS or will it do anything? Actually why would you need to do that anyway and is it the norm? I think Jim did a complete restore from the dell site before I got it. Thanks

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

i love using the support.dell.com chat for tech issues, tell them you tried all of above steps
No Justice, No Peace!
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/g...l=en&s=bsd
No Justice, No Peace!
Step 5. Bang your head against the wall until' it bleeds. (aaaaaaaugh!)
Hello, my name is laksharri and I am having to be your technical suppord guy doday...
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer