Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Lancero Cameroon
http://colbypantssmokinglounge.blogspot....igero.html

[Image: cammie1.jpg]

[Image: cammie2.jpg]

7 1/2" x 39, Cameroon

Appearance: This lancero is one sophisticated looking cigar (well, actually I think lanceros in general are very sophisticated looking). Long and thin, it really cuts a distinctive visual in comparison to the robustos and coronas one might see otherwise. Evenly packed and draped with a beautiful, oily, rich ever so slightly reddish hued wrapper, just added to the luxuriousness of the experience. There was nary a flaw or vein to be seen.

Pre-Light: Clip was easy and the pre light draw seemed just right. This alleviates one of the few fears I would have with a vitola such as this, that the thin ring gauge might cause the draw to be on the tight side. The pre light draw was earthy and tangy and begged for the cigar to be lit!

[Image: cammie3.jpg]

Burn/Draw: Never an issue with this cigar, which added to the overall sophistication of this smoke. The burn was "set and forget", burning razor straight down the entire length of this cigar, never really wandering at all. The draw was equally as exquisite, allowing this cigar to burn long and slow, and producing a great volume of rich round, full bodied, flavorful smoke. The ash was firm and rather bright white, and held on to the cigar as long as I wanted it to. This cigar was one well constructed, and great burning smoke.

[Image: cammie4.jpg]

Flavors: Well this cigar was bound to be good because it had a good base to work off of. The "Double Ligero" like are a bunch of tasty sticks, no matter what the variation. This little twist on the line is no different. After an initial burst of strong black pepper, This cigar settled into its groove. Base notes of sweet tobacco and a rich earthiness ran down the whole length of this stick, along with this delicious sweet tanginess I almost always derive from a Cameroon wrapper. During the course of this smoking experience I caught many other notes, among them cedary woodiness, leather, and deep dark roast coffee, wafting in and out over that very tasty base. This is a strong, full flavored, full bodied cigars that pleases at every turn, one of the finest cigars i have had in quite a while. If you can run one down, I highly RECOMMEND it!

VIVA LITTO!

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Excellent review and I am excited as I have this stick in my humi.  I have not as of yet tried this line but thanks to bombs from Skipper, Robbie, and JoeBob I have a few to try!

Thanks for the review Tom!  Don't forget to make your Super Bowl pick!
I love bombing these.
Sorta.

I've only had 3, but each time they were simply magnificent. And each time, I felt like I just got off the Tilt-A-Whirl from the county fair.

So it's bittersweet.
As I'm poking around the humi for something my bombee will like, I KNOW that this stick will satisfy. But at the same time, I don't wanna run out, because one day this skinny little guy will be able to handle this excellent stogie!
 I hear that much of this line is potent! 
By the way Tom, you spelled the name wrong.
That stick is a "Cameroom"

Tongue

[Image: web.jpg]
they were made in a Camera Room?
I loved your review Tom, you made me want to get a couple of these suckas, you are right about lanceros, they are just COOL.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
US_Tank Wrote: I hear that much of this line is potent!

yessir, they are not for the beginner or faint of heart.  Eat first. Wink
Great review as usual Tom, I'll have to smoke one of the ones I have, just not my usual smoke as it is difficult to find the time to commit to such a large cigar.
HOT DAMN, I'm glad you did this cause I ordered some thurs. Great job again man.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.