Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LFD chisel
(04-21-2014, 05:53 PM)Pete Wrote: I've tried the punch on the flat part of the chisel, an interesting idea only in theory. I could never get decent draw from it.

The pinch technique usually works for me. Once in a while, the draw is still a bit weak and I'll have cut it to open it up a bit more.

I really like those Chapter Ones, but I still find that mold/plume thread disheartening, Jan.

I haven't even tried any of his new ones at all after that mold/plume thread. At that point I think he jumped the shark, cause his love for money became much greater than his love of cigars, IMHO.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Well, I have not smoked the LFD Chisel, so I haven't tried the pinch technique nor any other since I haven't smoked it. However, there are really only two basic cuts I use: a straight cut on just about every parejo shaped cigar (once in a blue moon I will do a v-cut or punch) and a Dickman cut on any torpedo. I will have to pick up a chisel and give it a try.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
I havent had a chisel in a while, but when I do I usually just start with a small cut, and if I dont like the draw I cut a little more. I enjoy the ritual (or whatever you want to call it) of cutting the cigar before smoking it, so I never tried pinching the end to open it up.
I like smoking lightning