Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LFD Double Ligero
Since I joined this holy site I've heard nothing but good about LFD. I bought a LFD Double Ligero back in January and just torched it last night. It was constructed flawlessly, burned amazingly and tasted....pretty good. It was by all means a solid A i suppose, but it seemed to lack complexity. What I mean is, the smoke was not acrid in any way, but it seemed "hollow". I'm used to thick smoke and this one seemed very thin. The draw was fine it just didn't do it that much for me. I have a chisel waiting and am going to torch it soon to see if I can get some great flavors out of it. Any insight (besides me being crazy) would be great guys.
"For the man who takes success with ease"
Im not a huge fan of the DL series. I understand exactly what your saying. In fact, I think they get a little harsh towards the end.

The Ligero Oscuro however, IMHO, is incredible. I havent had the natural, but the oscuro is surely amazing.

The natural Im sure has a little more "twang" to it. A little milder but a bite that most naturals i have had seems to have. The Oscuro is very good, I recommend you try it.

Maybe let the chisel sit for 6 months before lighting her up.
Ok I'll take your advice.Big Grin
"For the man who takes success with ease"
I had the same experience with my first LFD. Once I tried the Chisel, my mind changed and I ended up buying a couple boxes.....one of my fav's. Guess it just depends on the palate.