Shocked 
Cigar: Kristoff Maduro Ligero
Origin: Dominican Republic
Size: 6.5 x 56 (Matador)
Wrapper: Brazilian Maduro
Binder: Dominican and Cuban Seed
Filler: Dominican, 70% Ligero Nicaraguan

Drink: Jack Daniels Red Stag on the rocks

Appearance & Construction: This cigar has a dark, splotchy, mottled wrapper w/ a covered
foot. It has a very oily sheen to it as well. The heft is very dense. This is a well packed cigar.
There was very little 'give' when I squeezed it.

Prelight Draw: I twisted off the pigtail cap and punched it. The draw gave a lot of resistance.
The flavors I detect are barnyard essence, nutmeg, and white pepper.

1st 3rd: I get the foot toasted and the flavors of pepper, leather and cedar are noticed immediately.
The burn is uneven, the smoke is barely producing. It's very creamy and has an oily finish. The
flavor is medium as is the strength. Toasted almond is now mixing with cream. The draw is
almost too resistant. I'm having to work a little too hard. Flavors of nuts, leather, toast, and
cream are meshing with each other very well. Leather, cedar and salt is on the back of my
tongue. The smoke is a mixed composition of dry on the palate, and oily on the finish. The
ash is firm but I knock it off at half an inch.

2nd 3rd: Leather, char, toast, and cedar are what i'm experiencing as we begin the 2nd 3rd of
this Kristoff. The ligero is starting to kick in. The body is now medium full, and the flavor profile
is full. Leather, cedar, and white pepper are on the finish of the smoke. As is a little salt. The body
is gradually pushing towards full at this point. I used a paper clip to break the plug. The volume
of smoke has increased tremendously. My taste buds sense leather, cedar and nuts with a dry
pepper finish. While not very complex overall, I'm amused by the way the 'finish' keeps changing
from dry to oily.

Final 3rd: The strength is now full bodied! The flavors of Leather, cedar, light char, and salt have
all identified themselves. This bugger is so strong I feel it in my chest! They don't call this the
“Ligero Maduro” for nothing! The smoke is plentiful and the finish is now oily. Notes of leather,
cedar and roasted nuts are the flavors that im tasting right now. I'm also getting a little cocoa for
the first time. At the very end, pepper reared it's head. The cigar went out while I was still in the
final 3rd. I decided to let it stay there. That was enough ligero for me that night!

As far as i'm concerned this one was okay. It had been in my portable humi
for months. If someone gave it to me, i'd smoke it again, otherwise, i'll pass.

[Image: a3Jpc3RvZmYgMS5qcGc.jpg]

[Image: a3Jpc3RvZmYgMy5qcGc.jpg]

[Image: a3Jpc3RvZmYgOS5qcGc.jpg]

[Image: a3Jpc3RvZmYgMTEuanBn.jpg]

[Image: a3Jpc3RvZmYgMTQuanBn.jpg]

[Image: a3Jpc3RvZmYgMTUuanBn.jpg]

[Image: a3Jpc3RvZmYgMTYuanBn.jpg]

[Image: a3Jpc3RvZmYgMTguanBn.jpg]
If smoking cigars is on the Dark Side, I guess i'll never see the light!Unguard2
Thanks for the review. I wonder if the Bluesman smoked one of these?
Sounds very strong..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Thanks for the great review despite the cigar somewhat letting you down. I would love to read more from you. By the way, is Red Stag from Jim Beam?
Great review keep'em coming.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
Ive had a couple of these in my humi and am smoking my first one tonight. Absolutely loving it so far and cant wait to get to the others. Spicy, Very full bodied IMO, my kind of stick!
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi