Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve
Anyone seen this on the shelves yet???? Looking forward to trying this one.

Beam Global Spirits has confirmed to BourbonBlog.com that they will release a new Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve. We will give you our advance review of Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve soon. Like the original, this Knob Creek will be 9-years-old, but will be bottled at a significantly higher proof, 120° (60% alcohol) vs the original Knob Creek at 100 proof (50% alcohol). Beam Global Spirits tell us, “Hand-selected, barrel-by-barrel, this extraordinarily smooth Bourbon promises to capture Knob Creek’s rich, mature flavor and bold, nine-year aged bourbon character.

The suggested retail will be around $40, which is about $10 more than the original Knob Creek. The release date is projected to ship in January 2011 and be on shelves by February 2011.

It was 20 years ago, that the late Booker Noe – Jim Beam’s grandson – introduced the world’s first Super-Premium small-batch Bourbon: Knob Creek, which is a part of the Small Batch Bourbon Collection. Below is a classic interview with Booker along with BourbonBlog.com’s interview with Jim Beam Master Distiller Fred Noe at the Knob Creek House last year during the “Knob Creek Drought.”
Before the smart azz comments come in, I know it says that it will ship in 2011, but I know some places get stuff sooner.
Hadn't heard about it, haven't seen it, but now I will definitely keep my eyes open. I'm always open to adding to my Scotch, Whiskey, and Bourbon collection.
Thanks for the heads up Ty.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I have not seen it but will keep my eyes open.
--Mike
(11-12-2010, 10:22 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Thanks for the heads up Ty.

+1 for sure!
This is my boomstick!
http://www.bourbonblog.com/blog/2010/09/...ew-coming/
http://www.bourbonblog.com/blog/2010/09/...ve-review/
Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve

120 proof

Color: Dark auburn, dark honeyed, slightly deeper than Knob Creek 9 year.

Aroma: Mellow. Not too burny on the nose. Cherry.

Tasted Neat: Caramels, cherry. Heat. Some notes of spice, but not overly so. Smoother than expected for 120 proof bourbon

Knob Creek Small Batch 9 year

100 proof

Color: Caramel, but not quite as richly deep as Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve

Aroma: Cherry notes, vanilla.

Taste: More burn. Cherry. Vanilla. Bit more ragged than smooth around the edges. Cherry seems stronger rather than as polished. There is a sense of the cherry being pierced right through the center with an extra gush of flavor such as vanilla or even added dimension to the existing cherry flavor such as cherry plus zing of maraschino cherry tucked away within. It’s barely there, but there all the same. Vanilla breaks through in the end with great spicy kick that continues long in the finish.

Revisiting the Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve version

This bourbon reminds me of the bottle someone reaches for in the liquor cabinet when they want the upgrade. It’s the bourbon they want to serve Dad to show they’ve grown up past college life and into a real job. The upgrade to pour the father-in-law to prove his daughter married someone who knows a little something. An upgraded version shows a boss a person isn’t ordinary or one of the pack. It’s a person who ventures beyond, goes another step and will take a chance. This is Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve.

Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve is an upgrade from Knob Creek small batch but doesn’t venture so far from the mold that it loses its following. Rounder, smoother, higher quality, yet keeps with the spirit of the brand. It’s also the bourbon to linger over rather than mix. It sips well.
By the way, this thread now appears #9 on a Google search for "Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve", and links to a printable version of StogieChat where you can see the original post and replies.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
Sounds good. I love Knob Creek.
looking forward to trying this when it comes out
Look what I found today. Will be sipping on this later this evening

[Image: 133775575_photobucket_37035_.jpg?t=1298069282]
Mmmm...Let us know how it is.
--Mike