Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just can't do it!
Parkster Wrote:I look at it this way.

Its incredible that a BOTL would sent me such an unobtainable and rare cigar in the first place,

I admit to looking at these sticks and thinking that they should be saved for that special day, but which day would be special enough for which rare cigar?

"Then it happens ..... LIFE .... you have the missfortune of your humi going tits up when you are on vacation, or the dog gets in and eats a stick or 30 or the dreaded beetle (not Ringo Star) finding its way in and feasting on that special drawer full of special sticks, or mold develops for no good reason or my personal favourite ....... a family bbq, the question is asked "can I get a stick from your humi Dave?" "please help yourself is the reply only to realise when its too late that he is smoking that 15yr old Cohiba that you were saving ...... Confusedhock: 

So,

[color="red"]Treat every day as your last ...... one day you will be right.[/color]

Who wants to find themself laying on their deathbed with nothing but regrets for not trying this or that or not doing this or that when they had the chance.

So, smoke that stogie today ........ today IS that special day, its that special day as soon as you spark up that cigar.

excellent point, Dave. I have a few I've been dying to try but have been waiting. I'm going to take a few with me to Montauk this weekend to burn.

Its incredible that a BOTL would sent me such an unobtainable and rare cigar in the first place,

I admit to looking at these sticks and thinking that they should be saved for that special day, but which day would be special enough for which rare cigar?

"Then it happens ..... LIFE .... you have the missfortune of your humi going tits up when you are on vacation, or the dog gets in and eats a stick or 30 or the dreaded beetle (not Ringo Star) finding its way in and feasting on that special drawer full of special sticks, or mold develops for no good reason or my personal favourite ....... a family bbq, the question is asked "can I get a stick from your humi Dave?" "please help yourself is the reply only to realise when its too late that he is smoking that 15yr old Cohiba that you were saving ...... Confusedhock: 

So,

Treat every day as your last ...... one day you will be right.

Who wants to find themself laying on their deathbed with nothing but regrets for not trying this or that or not doing this or that when they had the chance.

So, smoke that stogie today ........ today IS that special day, its that special day as soon as you spark up that cigar.

Dave,

You are right and I needed to hear that .  Seems like I am always saving, waiting, looking forward to instead of DOING.

Thanks my fellow, BOTL!Wink

BOB - Review of this cigar forthcoming!
Inspiring words, thanks

So,

[color="red"]Treat every day as your last ...... one day you will be right.[/color]

Simply beautiful parkster. I think I'll go have a cigar.

So,

Treat every day as your last ...... one day you will be right.

Couldn't have been said any better. I wonder how many treasured cigars I'll have stored up when I kick the bucket? And then some other dude will end up smoking them, or worse yet, nobody will end up smoking them. That's why, aside from aging this or that particular box for good reason, I'm not shy to burn the best of them... right here in the present. Nicely put, Parkster.

Bob, that Hoyo de Monterrey Particulares was a SPECTACULAR experience. Thanks again for the memory.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!